Director of Business Development
*Who should be applying for roles at Warp?
- Do you go to extreme lengths to close new business?
- Don’t mind rolling-up-your-sleeves to make things happen?
- Looking for a career-defining role with startup-level upward mobility?
- Enjoy being challenged
- Want to build and learn with some of the brightest minds in logistics
- Spend time during the weekend planning your week
If you answered “yes” to these questions, welcome to W/:\RP – an optimized network of cross docks and carriers connected through one tech platform to bring shippers the best rates, transparency and service quality in the transportation industry. We’re a venture-backed core team of successful last mile logistics founders and operators setting our sights on the biggest most fragmented market we’ve ever gone after… the 2.1T global trucking freight industry. We just built Amazon's last mile service for every shipper not named Amazon with AxleHire, now we're doing it in the "middle mile" space with W/:\RP.
We are looking for a Business Development Director to join our fast growing sales organization. As an individual contributor, you will be obsessed with pipeline management, relationship building and consultative and solution selling to prospective clients. In addition, you will partner with our client success and operations teams to deliver a top-notch customer experience. In this quota based role you will have a deep understanding of how shippers procure carrier partners and have experience selling freight into Fortune 1000 shippers.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Acquire and onboard new shippers into the W/:\RP network through a complex sales cycle
- Articulate detailed logistics solutions and deliver pricing proposals to prospective shippers
- Identify new business opportunities and build sales pipeline thought multichannel outreach
- Develop lasting relationships with key decision makers at shippers
- Lead customer onboarding process with defined revenue metrics and key milestones achieved over first 90 days of shipping
- Collaborate with assigned client success manager to ensure scorecard requirements are exceeded
- Assist with customer quarterly business reviews and onsite meetings when applicable
- Partner with sales and operations leadership to identity areas of growth and ways to strategically grow the relationship
- 5 to 7 years freight experience at a reputable logistics company
- A true hunter that has a track record of consistently exceeded sales quotas
- Proven experience with pipeline management and prospecting new leads
- Ability to negotiate and deliver complex pricing proposals to acquire new business
- Effective communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Comprehensive understanding of how to leverage CRM
- Knowledge of TMS platforms and integrations methodology required