*Immediate Opening *
Contact: Admin, [email hidden]
Location: Los Angeles, California (and surrounding areas within a 20 mile radius)
Who we are:
We are looking for the newest addition to our team – a rockstar Assistant, reporting to and supporting the CEO. We a female-led company that is providing innovative Virtual Reality experiences to train soft skills around the most important topics of today including anti-racism, sexual harassment and diversity & inclusion trainings using a proprietary platform.
Recently listed as a Top 25 Enterprise Software Company in 2020 by Gartner and featured in 125+ global media outlets for our unique approach in these training focus areas, the company is positioned to aim for the stars and catapult into one of the top companies of 2021 in Silicon Valley.
Our approach trains around the problems mentioned above in an intimate way within a space created for leaders and employees to "fail safely." By leveraging VR to immerse users in photo-realistic environments, engage the same cognitive and emotional parts of their brains as real-life experiences, and communicate the contextual nuances of the problems in a visceral way, the result is eye-opening identity shifts, new levels of self-awareness, and data-driven insights for companies.
Who you are:
You are eager to learn the ins-and-outs of running and scaling a successful business. You’re equal parts diligent with details and proactive with solutions, often acting as the “swiss army knife” while continuously learning and applying the new skills you learn each and every day.
This role was crafted directly by the CEO herself as a reflection of the role she was looking for when she was in university. Within this role, you will receive direct insight into how the CEO runs her company and takes on projects, and you will receive insight into important aspects of building a successful company like making smart tradeoffs and scheduling and management. You are a hungry and eager person who wants exposure to all aspects of the business, and wants to support the CEO as she builds a world-changing company.
You are savvy at communications and detailing plans down to the minutiae, who crafts the details - the “how and who” - of plans (the “what”) in their sleep.
Your responsibilities will fall across all areas of the business, including, but by no means limited to:
Scheduling and Management
- Owning the CEOs calendar, and making smart tradeoffs to optimize for the best use of time while achieving the best outcomes
- Managing and establishing relationships with core stakeholders
- Proactively building relationships and keeping connections front-of-mind
- Acting as a first-line to the CEO
Project and Task Management
- Own multiple initiatives that tangibly contribute to the business
- Draft paperwork for CEO’s review
- Working cross-functionally across teams to check in on status of initiatives and help move projects forward
- Act as the central unit of the organization for help with matters related to getting set up on platforms, systems, software, or troubleshooting any issues that arise during the day
Special Projects: Marketing, Operations, Business, HR
- Pre-screening marketing, press, and conference opportunities
- Preparing and drafting meeting agendas prior to calls
- Researching attendees and drafting synopsis for preparation
- Reviewing marketing and sales presentations for the CEO
- Assisting with onboarding new employees onto systems and familiarizing them with the company
- Supporting the CEO in upkeep of websites, social media platforms
This role will be remote, but you may occasionally be requested to be present in-person for meetings, tasks, projects, conferences, or other events.
- Undergraduates welcome! (This role was crafted for you).
- 2-3 years of relevant experience (in an academic setting or relevant coursework counts!)
- Experience across various functions of finance, business, and marketing
- Demonstrated experience of leadership and ownership of projects with real-life consequences
- On track for a relevant degree entering into business, finance, marketing, entrepreneurship, social responsibility, or a related field
- Self-aware - aware and able to communicate
- Detail oriented - nothing slips past you!
- Excellent relationship-building, communication skills and email skills
- Ability to get things done
- Strong critical thinking, problem analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to pivot and try new things
- Track record of execution
- Strong organizational skills, extreme attention to detail
- Strategic planning and thinking
- Creative thinking
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities/time constraints, as well as support a team in doing so
- Self-starter attitude
- Coachable, willingness to learn and improve personally and professionally
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ownership
- Ability to Collaborate - ask, listen, follow up
$15-20/hr, 15-20 hours per week
Submit your resume to [email hidden] with the subject line: “Job Application: Assistant at Vantage Point”