Antenna Engineer - Mid to Senior Levels (Job ID P10)
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2023
At UTVATE, we have the following long-term goals. Join us if your goals align with ours!
• We strive to take the best care of our team and help them fulfill their personal goals in life.
• We want to play a key role in solving the problem of the lack of affordable connectivity worldwide. Today, we are building the next generation of user terminals that can unlock the true capacity of satellite internet.
- Design antenna elements (e.g. patch, slot, and dipole) for use in antenna arrays
- Optimize antenna performance for metrics such as bandwidth, gain, directivity, return loss, and axial ratio
- Perform system-level design of an antenna array to meet certain G/T, EIRP, and scan range requirements
- Develop scripts to calculate various specifications of an array antenna radiation pattern including directivity, beamwidth, and sidelobe levels
- Perform efficient full-wave simulation of antenna elements and large array antennas using HFSS
- Develop test plans and execute antenna testing using lab equipment such as VNA, signal generator, spectrum analyzers, and near-field/far-field instruments
- Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus on Antennas
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in Antenna design and testing
• Unlimited PTO plus 28 company-wide days off
• Parental leave designed by parents, for parents
• 401k with 5% company matching
• Individualized health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family
• Meaningful company stock ownership
• Quiet Weekends so you can rest, recharge, and be your best for many years
• No-Meeting Fridays
• $5k in wellness perk to invest in a healthier future for yourself
• All employees are expected to be at the office, in person, for a minimum of two days per week
Export Control Requirement
• To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, all applicants and employees must hold U.S. citizenship, lawful permanent residency, or protected status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
Diversity and Inclusion
• UTVATE is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace
• We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
• We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics
• We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. Studies have shown that marginalized communities are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to still consider applying.
Note to Recruiters
• UTVATE does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or staffing agencies
• Please do not forward resumes to UTVATE employees
• UTVATE is not responsible for any fees for unsolicited resumes or candidates submitted by agencies
See more open positions at UTVATE
Something looks off?