Senior Data Engineer
Remote · Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy and sustainable living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
Thrive Market’s Data Engineering team is seeking a Senior Data Engineer!
We are looking for a brilliant, dedicated, and hardworking engineer to help us build high-impact products alongside our Data Strategy Team. Our site sees millions of unique visitors every month, and our customer growth currently makes us one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in Los Angeles. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with hands-on experience working on structured/semi-structured/Complex data processing and streaming frameworks. We need your amazing software engineering skills to help us execute our Data Engineering & Analytics initiatives and turn them into products that will provide great value to our members. In this role, we are hoping to bring someone in who is equally excited about our mission, learning the tech behind the company, and can work cross-functionally with other engineering teams.
- Work across multiple projects and efforts to orchestrate and deliver cohesive data engineering solutions in partnership with various functional teams at Thrive Market
- Be hands-on and take ownership of the complete cycle of data services, from data ingestion, data processing, ETL to data delivery for reporting
- Collaborate with other technical teams to deliver data solutions which meet business and technical requirements; define technical requirements and implementation details for the underlying data lake, data warehouse and data marts
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve production data integrity and performance issues
- Collaborate with all areas of data management as lead to ensure patterns, decisions, and tooling is implemented in accordance with enterprise standards
- Perform data source gap analysis and create data source/target catalogs and mappings
- Develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of cross system integration, interactions and relationships in order to develop an enterprise view of Thrive Market’s future data needs
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots/prototypes/POC to provide validation on specific scenarios and provide implementation roadmap
- Recommend/Ensure technical functionality (e.g. scalability, security, performance, data recovery, reliability, etc.) for Data Engineering
- Facilitate workshops to define requirements and develop data solution designs
- Apply enterprise and solution architecture decisions to data architecture frameworks and data models
- Maintain a repository of all data architecture artifacts and procedures
- Collaborate with IT teams, software providers and business owners to predict and devise data architecture that addresses business needs for collection, aggregation and interaction with multiple data streams
- Hands on experience programming in Python, Scala or Java
- Expertise with RDBMS and Data Warehousing (Strong SQL) with Redshift,Snowflake or similar
- In-depth knowledge and experience with data and information architecture patterns and implementation approaches for Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouses, Data Marts and Data Lakes
- Proficiency in logical/physical data architecture, design and development
- Experience in Data lake / Big data analytics platform implementation either cloud based or on-premise; AWS preferred
- Experience working with high volumes of data; experience in design, implementation and support of highly distributed data applications
- Experience with Development Tools for CI/CD, Unit and Integration testing, Automation and Orchestration E.g. GitHub, Jenkins, Concourse, Airflow, Terraform
- Experience with writing Kafka producers and consumers or experience with AWS Kinesis
- Hands-on experience developing a distributed data processing platform with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark etc
- A knack for independence (hands-on) as well as team work
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, often in light of ill-defined issues or conflicting information.
- Experience with streaming data ingestion, machine-learning, Apache Spark a plus
- Adept in the ability to elicit, gather, and manage requirements in an Agile delivery environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal, written, presentation) across all levels of the organization. Ability to translate ambiguous concepts into tangible ideas.
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- 9 Observed Holidays
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Subsidized ClassPass Membership with access to fitness classes and wellness and beauty experiences
- Ability to work in our beautiful co-working space at WeWork in Playa Vista and other locations
- Free Thrive Market membership with exclusive employee discount
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
We're a community of more than 1 Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
At Thrive Market, we believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture. If you are excited about this role along with our mission and values, we encourage you to apply.
Thrive Market is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Ensure your Thrive Market job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Thrive Market never seeks payment from job applicants. Thrive Market recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @thrivemarket.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.thrivemarket.com.
© Thrive Market 2024 All rights reserved.
- Compensation Description - The base salary range for this position is $160,000 - $190,000/Per Year.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health & Wellness Benefits, Flexible PTO, and more!