Senior Accountant (Cost/Inventory)
Accounting & Finance
Remote · Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
We are looking for a Senior Cost Accountant to support our Accounting team on overall revenue, cost of sales, and inventory-related transactions. This person will assist in the monthly end close and reporting process. This person will be integral in the Accounting and Finance team system implementations and enhancements to ensure data integrity. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and will support key initiatives for our business. This role will report to our Manager of Revenue and Cost Accounting and work closely with other accountants on the team.
- Responsible for the month-end close which would include reviewing all revenue, cost of sales, and inventory-related journal entries and account reconciliations. This includes reserves for refunds, membership and product revenue deferrals, capitalized freight and receiving costs, inventory obsolescence reserves, etc.
- Support reporting on all weekly and monthly revenue and margin information
- Review all inventory purchase price variances, purchase unit variances, and inventory adjustments to validate accuracy, determine proper accounting treatment, and identify root causes. Partner with accounts payable, procurement, and fulfillment center staff to resolve and improve processes as needed.
- Help develop and implement monthly reporting of fulfillment center cycle count activities, designed to monitor compliance with our cycle count program policies, report count variance statistics, and evaluate program efficiency (FC hours/location counted).
- Support the testing and validation effort on all revenue and inventory-related system implementations, including our current project to integrate our order management system with NetSuite.
- Review reconciliations of data in the warehouse management system and NetSuite and work with the technology team to identify root causes and implement corrections needed.
- Help identify control gaps and build out new controls and processes as needed to strengthen our control environment and improve accounting and reporting accuracy.
- Other ad hoc analysis and reporting, as needed
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience in inventory/cost accounting
- Strong accounting knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- CPA or progress towards obtaining a license.
- Must be highly proficient in Excel, including Pivot Tables, VLookUp’s, Sumifs etc
- Analytical mindset & ability to work with large sets of data
- Ability to work under pressure, often in a deadline-driven environment, and ability to perform several tasks concurrently
- Must possess excellent critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and superior attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Prior experience in e-commerce or CPG is a plus
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- 12 Days of Observed Holiday
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Subsidized ClassPass Membership with access to fitness classes and wellness and beauty experiences
- Ability to work in our beautiful co-working space at WeWork in Playa Vista and other locations
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Free Thrive Market membership with exclusive employee discount
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
We're a community of more than 1 Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
At Thrive Market, we believe in building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic culture. If you are excited about this role along with our mission and values, we encourage you to apply.
Thrive Market is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workplace that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Ensure your Thrive Market job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Thrive Market never seeks payment from job applicants. Thrive Market recruiters will only reach out to applicants from an @thrivemarket.com email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.thrivemarket.com.
© Thrive Market 2023 All rights reserved.
- Compensation Description - The base salary range for this position is $90,000-100,000/Per Year.
- Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and geographic location.
- Total Compensation includes Base Salary, Stock Options, Health and Wellness Benefits, Flexible PTO, and more!