Senior Software Engineer, Operational Excellence
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Tempus Ex Machina is the technological vanguard for the sports and entertainment industry. Utilizing unprecedented access, we R&D at the world’s biggest sporting events. Merging sports, video, and data with innovation and accessibility, Tempus Ex technology enables the creation of new interactive experiences around live events. Harnessing the latest AI, machine learning, and data science technologies alongside unparalleled access to sports, entertainment, and technology leaders, we have partnered with the National Football League, premier global sports leagues, broadcasters, gaming companies and world-class athletes to deliver cutting-edge solutions that will forever change the sports consumption experience. We closed our Series B investment round led by Silver Lake and Endeavor in Fall of 2021. Our Seed and Series A was led by Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Will Ventures who also participated in the Series B funding round.
Join our passionate team of former Amazon, Google and Microsoft alumni. We are on the lookout for the next generation of self-starters driven by a desire to bring the Silicon Valley ethos of disruption and state-of-the-art technologies to revolutionize the sports landscape. We can’t wait to hear from you.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Operation Excellence Team, you will play a key role in establishing our tech stack, and have sway on architectural decisions. You are highly motivated about solving problems at scale, and go the extra mile to minimize latency.
This role is all about driving quantitative improvements to our platform and product. The role is internally facing - you will work closely with product and engineering to prevent, mitigate, and resolve site-affecting issues. You will discover pain points, and help resolve them. You will use, improve, and create metrics.
This doesn't end when the system is stable: We have a healthy set of tooling plans to drive continuous improvement business-wide.
You should be both pragmatic and compassionate as a code reviewer, who believes it is better to teach than to admonish. You should love digging into and writing code, as well as documentation.
- Extensive experience with working on high availability deployments and dealing with performance and reliability issues on APIs, live video and data aggregation. We’re passionate about adding more 9’s.
- Solid experience with Golang. Ability to write code (developer tooling and contributing to product codebases) and be confident enough to review others' work too.
- Deep understanding of cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS or GCP to close feedback loops and improve security and reliability.
- Experience with large-scale or real-time distributed systems
- Experience load testing and identifying bottlenecks in cloud infrastructure
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as DataDog and PagerDuty
- Ability to read/write and review TypeScript code is an advantage
- Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $185,000 and $240,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is eligible for equity and benefits.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous Vacation: Flexible PTO
- Health/Wellness: stipend of $200 per month
- Cell Phone Allowance: $37.50 per pay period ($75 per month) automatically included with each pay period to help cover cell phone costs
- Health Insurance: Tempus Ex covers 100% of monthly premiums for medical benefits for you and your dependents, and 99% of monthly premiums for dental and vision benefits for you and your dependents
- 401(K) Contribution: 401(k) plan with up to 4% matching
Tempus Ex Machina, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tempus Ex Machina complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
To the extent permitted by law, Tempus Ex requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a medical condition, disability, or deeply held religious objection that prevents vaccination.
Something looks off?