STOKE Space Technologies
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Fully reusable launch vehicles are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. As a structural engineer on this launch vehicle you will own the design, analysis, and first build of various components on the rocket. The pressurized and unpressurized structures, thrust structures, load path definition, and secondary structures are all a part of what our team works on. We are still a small team with lofty goals, so you will own a significant amount of scope within the Structures sub-system and will work with engineers and technicians across multiple disciplines while doing your work. As with all Responsible Engineer positions at Stoke, we focus on the hardware. You will be expected to fully understand and support your hardware from blank sheet design through functioning product, including design, analysis, procurement, manufacturing, test, and flight.
- Exceptional command of fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience working on one or more development projects through the full lifecycle, from concept through sustained operations, on an aerospace or similar high-performance product
- Proficiency with CAD software (NX preferred) and analysis software (ANSYS preferred)
- Ability to determine appropriate level of work for a problem (from hand calcs to multi-physics finite element solutions) and execute the work accordingly
- Familiarity with launch vehicle design desired (cryogenic propellant familiarity preferred)
- Ability to lead
- Ability to follow
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Define the structural design of the rocket in coordination with owners of other portions of the vehicle
- Analyze structural components of the rocket and write margin summaries. May involve developing loads or load cases.
- Procure and manage all hardware for components and structures that you own
- Work side-by-side with manufacturing & test engineers to get the first several articles built and tested
- Track and disposition non-conformances for structural hardware
- Manage the budget and schedule for the structural components that you own
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Level 2 Range: $96,700 - $145,100
- Level 3 Range: $120,900 - $181,300
- Level 4 Range: $147,700 - $221,600
Our job posts are intentionally written to attract a wide variety of experience levels, and we make decisions about the right fit on a per-candidate basis.
Your actual level and base salary will be decided based on your specific experience and skill level.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including with respect to disability and veteran status. It is committed to compliance with all equal opportunity laws, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and Title VII. It does not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, citizenship, immigration status, or any other protected class when it comes to employment practices, including hiring.
Employment at the Company is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference and background checks, and on your ability to prove your identity and authorization to work in the U.S. for the Company. Employees must comply with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services employment verification requirements, and, therefore, they must complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 at the start of employment and re-verify authorization to work periodically.
Separate from this I-9 process, this position entails access to certain technology and technical data that is restricted under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Employment or continued employment may be conditioned on your legal authorization to work with or have access to export control materials as necessary to perform your job.