Ground System Mechanical Engineer
STOKE Space Technologies
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Reusable systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. An instrumental ingredient to making reusable launch vehicles is the ability to test hardware quickly. As a Test Engineer at our Moses Lake test facility, you will be responsible for collaborating with other engineers and technicians to design and build test stands rapidly. Your focus will be on designing and manufacturing the mechanical systems that make ground testing possible – piping, pipe supports, structures, and fluid and gas systems. You must be ready to stay focused, move fast, self-direct, and learn on the fly.
- Designing mechanical systems such as piping, pipe supports, structures and weldments
- Designing fluid systems for high pressure gasses, cryogenic liquids
- Creating models and drawings using Siemens NX
- Manage vendors and/or in-house fabrication
- Support test team with mechanical build-up tasks, whether it be design or hands-on related tasks
- Evaluate and execute whatever tasks required to support test team in order to test quicker, safer, and more efficiently
- Update and maintain as-built drawings, schematics, and relevant documentation for the systems you are responsible for
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or similar
- 3+ years of experience in related role
- Exceptional command of structural, thermodynamics, and fluids engineering principles
- Knowledge of ASME B31.3 Process Piping
- Proficient with Siemens NX or similar 3D modeling software
- Proficient with creating fluids P&IDs from scratch
- Knowledge of fluid components such as valves, regulators, instrumentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead
- Ability to follow
- Full time in Moses Lake preferred
- Remote location acceptable with twice/month visits to Moses Lake for Level 3/4 candidates
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Level 2 Range: $76,600 - $114,900
- Level 3 Range: $91,900 - $137,900
- Level 4 Range: $110,300 - $165,500
Our job posts are intentionally written to attract a wide variety of experience levels, and we make decisions about the right fit on a per-candidate basis.
Your actual level and base salary will be decided based on your specific experience and skill level.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including with respect to disability and veteran status. It is committed to compliance with all equal opportunity laws, including the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) and Title VII. It does not discriminate on the basis of nationality, race, citizenship, immigration status, or any other protected class when it comes to employment practices, including hiring.
Employment at the Company is contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference and background checks, and on your ability to prove your identity and authorization to work in the U.S. for the Company. Employees must comply with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services employment verification requirements, and, therefore, they must complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 at the start of employment and re-verify authorization to work periodically.
Separate from this I-9 process, this position entails access to certain technology and technical data that is restricted under U.S. export control laws and regulations. Employment or continued employment may be conditioned on your legal authorization to work with or have access to export control materials as necessary to perform your job.