Senior UX Designer
STOKE Space Technologies
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Fusion by Stokespace empowers teams to build and prove advanced hardware with end-to-end traceability. After a successful GA release, we’re ready to take Fusion to the next level; further helping our team building the first 100% reusable rocket in record time and helping our other GA customers with their first build hardware. We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to help refine the Fusion experience as we launch our next set of features.
- Interaction Design: Design interactive and user-friendly interfaces, ensuring a seamless user experience across various devices and platforms. Prototype and wireframe key user interactions to demonstrate the functionality and flow of the application.
- Usability Testing: Plan and execute usability testing sessions to validate design decisions, identify usability issues, and gather feedback for continuous improvement. Utilize data-driven insights to make informed design choices.
- Collaborative Design: Collaborate closely with customers and development teams to ensure alignment on design vision, maintain design consistency, and support seamless implementation.
- Accessibility: Advocate for and implement accessibility best practices to ensure that the application is inclusive and can be accessed by users with diverse abilities.
- Design Guidelines: Develop and maintain design guidelines and standards to ensure a cohesive and consistent user experience throughout the application.
- Industry Trends: Stay up-to-date with the latest UX trends, best practices, and technologies to continuously enhance the UX design process and contribute fresh ideas to the team.
- Proven experience as a UX designer with a strong portfolio showcasing the successful delivery of complex web-based SaaS applications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, user research methodologies, and usability testing techniques.
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma, InVision, Proto.io or equivalent
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate design decisions and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Level 4:$100,000 - $150,000
- Level 5: $120,000 - $180,000
Our job posts are intentionally written to attract a wide variety of experience levels, and we make decisions about the right fit on a per-candidate basis.
Your actual level and base salary will be decided based on your specific experience and skill level.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.