STOKE Space Technologies
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Reusable systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. A key ingredient to making the fabrication of such reusable systems feasible is a highly efficient internal company inventory system that acts to support the manufacture and assembly of designs quickly and accurately. As an Inventory Specialist you will be responsible for specifying, purchasing, and installing storage systems; purchasing common parts to maintain minimum on-hand quantities, conducting inventory input and kitting tasks, and fielding engineering requests with a strong service mindset.
Leveraging your previous experience, initiative, and resourcefulness you will develop and execute accurate plans while ensuring evolving company needs are met. You will use your construction and mechanical knowledge to cut cost and lead-time on projects by providing innovative and safe methods of storage and transportation.
- Establish and maintain rocket hardware inventory storage facilities
- Process received orders into stored inventory
- Write standard operating procedures and hold training sessions for common inventory actions
- Source and procure hardware to maintain minimum inventoried counts
- Complete and deliver part kitting requests
- Troubleshoot issues and work independently
- 3+ years of experience in construction, operations, or manufacturing environments
- Strong history of successful project completion
- Ability to operate forklifts and scissor lifts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work second shift and weekends as needed
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
- Valid driver’s license
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Level 1 range: $25 - $38/hour
- Level 2 range: $31 - $47/hour
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.