Full Stack Software Development Engineer
STOKE Space Technologies
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
“Scaling rocket development, from lightbulb to liftoff” – That is our goal as the Productivity tools software engineering team here at Stoke. Reusable launch systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. An instrumental ingredient to making reusable launch vehicles is the ability to move fast. As a Full Stack Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for building industry leading productivity tools to set up and maintain internal and external applications. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable delivering front-end components as well as working with and developing backend data stores and APIs.
- Design, Implement, Document, and Deploy code across all of Stoke’s web and cloud applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to refine requirements and releases
- Develop clean front-end components using react/Next.js
- Perform code reviews and contribute to the development and maintenance of CI/CD pipelines
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in web development and design trends
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrated history of delivering reliable and maintainable components, services, and applications from interactive UI to backend services and databases
- Strong proficiency with React and Next.js
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Meaningful equity
- Level 3 Range: $143,300 - $215,000
- Level 4 Range: $172,000 - $257,900
- Level 5 Range: $206,400 - $309,500
Our job posts are intentionally written to attract a wide variety of experience levels, and we make decisions about the right fit on a per-candidate basis.
Your actual level and base salary will be decided based on your specific experience and skill level.
With all that said, we are trying to be intentional about changing our industry standards. Even if you don't have 100% of the qualifications, we still want you to apply! We recognize that talent comes in all shapes and sizes, and if you are excited about working here, we want to hear from you!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Something looks off?