Front-End Software Development Engineer
STOKE Space Technologies
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Reusable launch systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. An instrumental ingredient to making reusable launch vehicles is the ability to move fast. As a Front-End Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for building industry leading productivity tools, both internal and external. The ideal candidate will possess UX design skills and help create intuitive UI components.
- Collaborate with product and developers to define project requirements and user needs
- Create wireframes, user flows, mocks, and prototypes that communicate design solutions to stakeholders and developers
- Create high-fidelity designs using industry-standard tools such as Sketch or Figma
- Implement Front-End components using React and Next.js
- Collaborate with developers to ensure designs are implemented accurately and meet design specifications
- Assist in conducting user research, usability testing, and competitor analysis to inform design decisions
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in web development and design trends
- 1-2 years of experience in front-end development
- Strong proficiency in design tools such as Sketch or Figma, and design principles
- Experience with React and Next.js
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to interpret product requirements and iterate intuitive UI designs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Medical, dental, vision and basic life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible scheduling
- Meaningful equity
- Level 2 Range: $114,600 - $172,000
- Level 3 Range: $143,300 - $215,000
Our job posts are intentionally written to attract a wide variety of experience levels, and we make decisions about the right fit on a per-candidate basis.
Your actual level and base salary will be decided based on your specific experience and skill level.
With all that said, we are trying to be intentional about changing our industry standards. Even if you don't have 100% of the qualifications, we still want you to apply! We recognize that talent comes in all shapes and sizes, and if you are excited about working here, we want to hear from you!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Something looks off?