Senior Sales Associate (Advisory)
Stears is an intelligence startup of 40+ people using data to answer questions about Africa. Our mission is to become the world's most trusted provider of African data & insight to global businesses and professionals. We make this possible by integrating all our intelligence (analysis, proprietary data, aggregated public data, licensed data, forecasts and reports) into a searchable platform complemented by a rich mobile experience.
Stears Advisory provides insights that enable global decision-makers to answer questions about the African markets and economies.
We are looking for sales associates to supercharge our new corporate business growth.
Why it’s important: Stears produces some of the highest quality content and data on the African continent, produced by a deeply analytical, Intelligence team. Your role is to grow our bespoke research services sales to corporate clients.
What it covers: As a Sales Associate for Stears Advisory, your goal is to build relationships with potential clients and help design bespoke solutions that meet their needs.
Who you will work with: This role is part of the Growth team. You will report to the COO/Head of Growth and the Director of Advisory.
We are looking for someone with the following:
- 4-6 years of experience in strategy/management consulting and an interest in sales/business development.
- Experience designing bespoke information solutions for clients.
- Experience managing relationships with multiple external stakeholders.
- Project management skills, demonstrated by previous experience defining project scope, managing timelines, and internal and external stakeholders to deliver small to medium-sized projects.
- Experience presenting to professional audiences and senior leaders
- Excellent written communication skills in English and local languages, as required
- Strict attention to detail and shoots for the highest standards.
- Business development for new clients.
- Coordinating with growth teams on lead generation.
- Understand our ideal customers and how they can be served with our advisory services.
- Continuously iterate on and improve sales processes as the business evolves and expands.
- Identifying potential customers through networking initiatives, events, cold-calling, and email communications.
- Preparing and delivering sales pitches to potential and existing customers.
- Developing innovative sales strategies to achieve sales goals.
- Unlimited access to Stears Premium
- Hybrid working (office and remote as required)
- Stears branded merchandise and swag
- Onboarding allowance to facilitate workstation setup
- Access to Stears Employee Hardship Fund
- Annual off-site team bonding
- Special emphasis on learning and development
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Competitive salaries at junior, intermediate and senior levels
- Paid time off - 25 days excluding public holidays and sick days
- Access to an expert Intelligence team - Stears Intelligence team includes some of the brightest knowledge experts in Nigeria, covering a wide range of sectors, all with a passion for delivering the highest quality of intelligence on the African continent.
- The Stears Experience - These are the top reasons our team members highlight as contributing to having the best experience of their careers at Stears:
- Deepen their analytical & critical thinking skills, which apply beyond a specific domain
- Gain a high level of autonomy and responsibility by taking on responsibility for an entire industry
- Do something meaningful by being part of a team making African data more widely available
Stears is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.