Stears is an intelligence startup of 30+ people using data to answer questions about Africa. Our mission is to become the world's most trusted provider of African data & insight to global businesses, finance and policy professionals. We make this possible by integrating all our intelligence (news & analysis, proprietary data, aggregated public data, licensed data, forecasts and reports) into a searchable platform, complemented by a rich mobile experience.
Our customers currently pay for access to Stears’ intelligence through a web platform, that includes daily insight and data. Our experts are always ready to answer client data questions about any sector, market or African country.
Stears Insights division is focused on generating high-quality insights that help our customers seize opportunities and make informed strategic decisions. This is achieved by a team of domain experts- analysts, engineers, designers, product managers and growth associates.
Stears Advisory division is focused on using data and insights to provide insights that enable global decision-makers to answer questions about the African markets and economies. This is achieved by a team of intellectual leaders, consultants and associates with experience in a wide variety of disciplines and who are able to expand their knowledge across new industries.
We are looking for a senior recruiter with talent acquisition experience in a fast-paced, high growth startup company.
Why it’s important: This role will be important for building out our capacity to execute our people operations strategy within the Management Operations team. You will be responsible for working with the People Operations Lead to deliver exceptional candidate and hiring manager experiences for non-technical positions at Stears.
What it covers: As the Senior Recruiter, you will play a key role in attracting, talent mapping, sourcing and hiring key high calibre non-technical talent across Africa, and filling mission critical roles which will drive Stears Advisory and Insights's growth and impact.
Who you will work with: This role is part of the Management Operations team and you will be reporting to the People Operations Lead. In addition to working with the core team, you will also engage with other stakeholders in the Advisory and Insights divisions.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resources, Organisational Development, or related field.
- At least 4 years experience in a Talent Acquisition or Recruitment related role in a fast-paced, high growth startup company. Pan-african recruitment experience is preferred.
- Great research skills i.e. you are great at researching candidates and their previous employers online, and have a very strong interest in talent acquisition and personal career trajectories
- A high comfort level speaking with and selling to others
- An active network, key contacts and is engaged in global recruitment communities
- Strong organisational, oral & written communication skills
- Experience with managing relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to plan and prioritise own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team. This involves long term planning and clear instructions.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High intelligence and problem solving skills
- Intermediate project management skills
- Drive hiring process by building talent pipeline, managing communication, schedules and hiring documentation
- Post vacancies on our ATS and market them using referrals, channels, communities, networks and events
- Source top talent online to build a funnel of qualified candidates for a quickly scaling and dynamic global team
- Engage and captivate the interest of high-quality candidates and convert those candidates into hires
- Partner closely with recruiters and hiring managers to run an efficient and seamless and enjoyable interview process
- Schedule candidate interviews in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage candidate experience and create memorable interactions by giving timely feedback
- Conduct reference check calls, make hiring recommendations to hiring managers and send offer letters
- Coordinating the various tasks to ensure a consistent data collection towards active sourcing, candidate application review, referral actioning, interview pass-through rates and hiring goals
- Handle other tasks as directed by the People Operations Lead
- Unlimited access to Stears Premium
- Hybrid working (office and remote as required)
- Stears branded merchandise and swag
- Onboarding allowance to facilitate remote workstation setup
- Access to Stears Employee Support Fund
- Annual off-site team bonding
- Special emphasis on learning and development
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Competitive salaries at junior, intermediate and senior levels
- Paid time off - 25 days excluding public holidays and sick days
- Access to an expert Intelligence team - Stears Intelligence team includes some of the brightest knowledge experts in Nigeria covering a wide range of sectors, all with a passion for delivering the highest quality of intelligence on the African continent.
- The Stears Experience - These are the top reasons our team members report having the best experience of their careers at Stears:
- Deepen their analytical & critical thinking skills which apply beyond a specific domain
- Develop strong writing skills that can be leveraged in other stages of their careers
- Gain a high level of autonomy and responsibility by taking on responsibility for an entire industry
- Do something meaningful by being part of a team making African data more widely available
Stears is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.