People Engagement Associate
Stears is an intelligence startup of 30+ people using data to answer questions about Africa. Our mission is to become the world's most trusted provider of African data & insight to global businesses, finance and policy professionals. We make this possible by integrating all our intelligence (news & analysis, proprietary data, aggregated public data, licensed data, forecasts and reports) into a searchable platform, complemented by a rich mobile experience.
Our customers currently pay for access to Stears’ intelligence through a web platform, that includes daily insight and data. Our experts are always ready to answer client data questions about any sector, market or African country.
We are looking for a people engagement associate in a fast-paced, high growth startup company.
Why it’s important: This role will be important for building out our capacity to execute our people operations strategy within the Management Operations team. You will be responsible for working with the People Operations Lead to create a positive work environment and culture that promotes employee satisfaction and productivity in Stears.
What it covers: As the People Engagement Associate, you will play a key role in developing and implementing employee engagement strategies that promote higher retention rates, increased employee morale, productivity and improved organisational performance at Stears.
Who you will work with: This role is part of the Management Operations team and you will be reporting to the People Operations Lead. In addition to working with the core team, you will also engage with other stakeholders in the Advisory and Insights divisions.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resources, Organisational Development, or related field.
- 3+ years of years functional experience in program/project management, with a progressive increase of responsibility in developing programs and initiatives designed to drive employee engagement
- Proficiency in using employee engagement tools, survey platforms, and HRIS systems.
- Ability to analyze data and identify trends
- Knowledge of industry best practices and trends related to employee engagement.
- Strong project management skills to effectively plan, implement, and evaluate engagement initiatives.
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to analyze employee engagement data and draw meaningful insights.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with employees at all levels
- A high comfort level speaking with and selling to others
- Strong organisational, oral & written communication skills
- Experience with managing relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to plan and prioritise own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High intelligence and problem solving skills
- Design, implement, and manage employee engagement programs that align with the organisation's goals and values.
- Conduct stay interviews, surveys, focus groups, and feedback sessions to gather insights and feedback from employees.
- Analyse the data to identify trends, areas for improvement, and opportunities for enhancing employee engagement.
- Develop and execute communication plans to keep employees informed about company news, updates, and initiatives, fostering transparency and inclusiveness.
- Implement employee recognition programs and initiatives to acknowledge employee achievements, milestones, and contributions.
- Provide support to managers and supervisors on performance management practices that promote employee engagement
- Roll out employee surveys and analyse data to identify areas for improvement. Utilise data-driven insights to develop actionable recommendations and strategies for enhancing employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Organise and coordinate employee events, such as team-building activities, social gatherings, and community service initiatives. These activities help foster a positive work culture, strengthen relationships, and enhance overall employee engagement.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies related to employee engagement. Continuously explore new ideas and innovative approaches to improve engagement levels within the organisation.
- Handle other tasks as directed by the People Operations Lead.
- Unlimited access to Stears Premium
- Hybrid working (office and remote as required)
- Stears branded merchandise and swag
- Onboarding allowance to facilitate remote workstation setup
- Access to Stears Employee Support Fund
- Annual off-site team bonding
- Special emphasis on learning and development
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Competitive salaries at junior, intermediate and senior levels
- Paid time off - 25 days excluding public holidays and sick days
- Access to an expert Intelligence team - Stears Intelligence team includes some of the brightest knowledge experts in Nigeria covering a wide range of sectors, all with a passion for delivering the highest quality of intelligence on the African continent.
- The Stears Experience - These are the top reasons our team members report having the best experience of their careers at Stears:
- Deepen their analytical & critical thinking skills which apply beyond a specific domain
- Develop strong writing skills that can be leveraged in other stages of their careers
- Gain a high level of autonomy and responsibility by taking on responsibility for an entire industry
- Do something meaningful by being part of a team making African data more widely available
Stears is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.