Social Media Manager
Stears is an intelligence startup of 25+ people using data to answer questions about Africa. Our mission is to become the world's most trusted provider of African data & insight to global businesses, finance and policy professionals. We make this possible by integrating all our intelligence (news & analysis, proprietary data, aggregated public data, licensed data, forecasts and reports) into a searchable platform, complemented by a rich mobile experience.
Our customers currently pay for access to Stears’ intelligence through a web platform, that includes daily insight and data. Our experts are always ready to answer client data questions about any sector, market or African country.
We are looking for a skilled social media manager to supercharge our subscription growth and engagement across all social media channels.
Why it’s important: Stears produces some of the highest quality insights and data on the African continent for businesses, investors, researchers and policymakers. The role of a social media manager is to drive top-of-the-funnel growth for Stears while nurturing social audience into leads and customers.
What it covers: As a Social Media Manager, your mission is to own our social media strategy and execute it to achieve our business objectives. This means leveraging existing high-quality data & insights to drive exponential audience growth, engagement and lead generation.
Who you will work with: This role is part of the Growth team. You will report to the Growth Lead, but you will collaborate closely with Corporate Communications, Content Marketing, Insights Analysts, Design, and Product.
We are looking for someone with:
- At least 3 years experience working in social media management, preferably in a hybrid B2C and B2B company.
- Experience defining social media strategy to deliver brand awareness, audience growth and engagement.
- Strong understanding of B2C and B2B marketing principles and strategies.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing social media strategies that drive lead generation for a B2B business.
- Experience designing and running social media experiments to optimise growth and glean actionable insights.
- Experience using tools like MailChimp, Buffer, Hubspot, TweetDeck, Sendible, Canva, LinkTree, Linkinbio, Google Sheets/Excel, Airtable etc., to efficiently plan and execute tasks.
- Up-to-the-minute knowledge of social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, etc.
- Experience running social media Ads to boost content performance and deliver growth targets.
- Experience creating social media Ad budgets, managing and reporting performance.
- Exceptional copywriting and storytelling skills.
- Strict attention to detail and shoot for the highest standards.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate productively with cross-functional teams.
- Interest in African economies and business landscape.
- Develop and implement a hybrid social media strategy (B2C and B2B) to increase brand visibility, generate leads, and drive engagement across various social platforms.
- Collaborate effectively with relevant teams and stakeholders to achieve strategic media and business goals. You can expect to work with a content marketer, corporate comms manager, insight analysts, product managers, sales, design, etc.
- Lead the creation of super informative and engaging content for social media in various formats like threads, carousels, stories, text, audio, video, etc.
- Own and manage a cross-platform content calendar to ensure effective planning and consistent distribution of content and articles across social media channels.
- Manage Ad budget and report effective usage.
- Create a process to stay on top of social media conversations and trends to inform content planning.
- Conduct regular audience research to identify social media needs and ensure the content created is apt and never misses the mark.
- Identify key metrics, create periodic reports and share performance updates with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure social media content and audience engagement meet desired brand standards, i.e. error-free, not abusive and safe, consistent tone-of-voice, style etc.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team to handle all support and brand enquiries.
- Unlimited access to Stears Premium
- Hybrid working (office and remote as required)
- Stears branded merchandise and swag
- Onboarding allowance to facilitate workstation setup
- Access to Stears Employee Hardship Fund
- Annual off-site team bonding
- Special emphasis on learning and development
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Competitive salaries at junior, intermediate and senior levels
- Paid time off - 25 days excluding public holidays and sick days
- Access to an expert Intelligence team - Stears Intelligence team includes some of the brightest knowledge experts in Nigeria covering a wide range of sectors, all with a passion for delivering the highest quality of intelligence on the African continent.
- The Stears Experience - These are the top reasons our team members highlight as contributing to having the best experience of their careers at Stears:
- Deepen their analytical & critical thinking skills which apply beyond a specific domain
- Gain a high level of autonomy and responsibility by taking on responsibility for an entire industry
- Do something meaningful by being part of a team making African data more widely available
Stears is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.