Licensed Telehealth Therapist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full Time or Part Time
Work Model: Hybrid
Work Schedule: Monday–Friday with occasional evenings and/or weekends
Vehicle Required: Yes
Amount of Travel Required: 5-15%
Positions Supervised: None
Reports To: Director of Field Strategy and Operations
Reema Health is both a social care and behavioral health provider. We believe that a personalized, community-based approach to care makes it easier for anyone to access the things they need to make their lives better. We know that life’s challenges often exist because the systems built to help are a burden to navigate. We believe building a relationship with a real person — someone who listens, meets our members where they are, and understands the community — can ease those burdens and effectively connect members to health care. Our mission-driven and member-focused company is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Licensed Telehealth Therapist to serve the behavioral healthcare needs of our members.
Reema is taking a value-based approach to care, so this role will work diligently to provide the right amount of care at the right time for each of our members. Rather than a volume-based approach, we believe this model of care delivery will produce the best clinical outcomes for our members and a sustainable and balanced job structure for our clinicians. The Licensed Telehealth Therapist is a key part of our integrated Care Team, helping drive the creation and implementation of our tech-enabled psychotherapeutic care for our members. At Reema, we believe integrating social and clinical care is the most effective way to support member wellbeing. You’ll care for members in an outpatient clinical setting, primarily via telehealth, but also in the home and community as needed. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team made up of Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners and non-clinical Community Guides to collaboratively provide a holistic approach to member health, and support you to work at the top of your license. Together, this team is responsible for providing and coordinating member-centered care for a panel of members with complex health and social needs.
Reema is expanding our service delivery into behavioral healthcare, so we are looking for someone who is comfortable helping create the details of our care model within the ambiguity of a fast-paced startup. For the right person, this position has the potential to grow into a leadership role.
- Assess and diagnose behavioral health conditions, both chronic and acute.
- Formulate treatment plans for members in consultation with other members of the collaborative health team as the member’s condition warrants.
- Ensure a behavioral health perspective is incorporated into comprehensive care planning for complex patients.
- Complete initial intakes and assess patient risks and needs, delivering therapeutic interventions and therapy, and referring and navigating to community resources for access to the broader behavioral health continuum of care.
- Collaborate with primary care providers, psychiatrists, social workers, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Provide psychoeducation to members, emphasizing mental health promotion and disease prevention
- Support referral for members who need additional specialty behavioral health care (e.g. to an in-patient facility) and advise on treatment plans until members are engaged in appropriate care.
- Establish and foster trusting relationships with patients and ensure care is aligned with the patient’s goals and values.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary case conferences to ensure holistic and appropriate care for patients.
- Provide formal and informal coaching and education to other clinical and non-clinical team members about supporting patients with behavioral health issues.
- Support post-discharge planning to prevent readmissions.
- Timely and appropriate documentation in our EMR to manage member care and coordination with the multidisciplinary team.
- Contribute to the evolving design and implementation of clinical pathways and protocols for therapeutic treatment of behavioral health conditions in Reema’s care model to ensure we are providing the best patient care possible.
Job responsibilities to grow and change as business necessitates.
Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of outpatient experience working with adults
- 3+ years of experience in assessing, planning, and managing behavioral patient care as acquired through direct clinical experience, including direct therapy and care/case management work
- 3+ years of experience working with individuals who have significant mental and chemical health needs and believe that recovery is possible.
- 1+ years of experience practicing telemedicine
- Experience with underserved populations facing socioeconomic barriers to health care
- Excellent working knowledge of trauma-informed and evidence-based psychotherapy treatment for mental and chemical health conditions
- Awareness and comfort in participating in an integrated behavioral health model where you will work alongside Community Guide team members
- Comfort with electronic medical record documentation and excited about how technology can support your work and drive ongoing improvement towards new and better care
- Ability to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral health conditions
- Ability to exercise balanced judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, and to handle difficult or confrontational situations in a calm, consistent, and equitable manner
- Ability to work effectively as a team, interfacing with patients, primary care providers, consulting psychiatrists and mental health specialists, as well as with administrative and support staff
- Working knowledge of all related computer and software applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, and Video Conferencing required; G-Suite preferred
Education, Qualifications & Position Requirements:
- LCSW, LMFT or LPC with an active license in the state of Wisconsin
- Valid unrestricted driver's license and access to an insured vehicle for daily use
- 18 years of age or older
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations regarding patient confidentiality & HIPAA
- Use technology-based tools and systems daily
- Competitive Salary and Equity Package
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- HSA and FSA Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedules and Remote Work
- Technology Stipend
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
As an equal opportunity employer, Reema Health is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.
All candidates who have received a written offer for this position will be required to undergo drug testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with the company’s policy. Hires are contingent upon candidates producing satisfactory results from the pre-employment drug test.
All employees and new hires of Reema Health, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, must accurately and honestly report their COVID-19 vaccination status to their employer and may be required to undergo regular COVID-19 testing. Various positions, regardless of vaccination status, will require regular use of surgical masks.
Reema Health has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic responsibilities have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and assess the prospective employee and/or current employees ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities for this role. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.