Full-Stack Software Engineer
At Reema Health, we believe that a personalized, community-based approach to care makes it easier for anyone to access the things they need to make their lives better. We know that life’s challenges often exist because the systems built to help are a burden to navigate. We believe building a relationship with a real person — someone who listens, meets members where they are, and understands the community’s resources — can ease those burdens. Our mission-driven and member-focused company is seeking an experienced and highly self-motivated Full-Stack Software Engineer.
We are growing our engineering team and in order to do this right, we need passionate, creative, empathetic people from all backgrounds committed to bending the healthcare system to work for real people. We are looking for someone who is excited to be an early software engineer at a young tech startup and use their coding chops to make a real lasting impact in peoples’ lives.
You should apply for this role if you…
- Want to help people. Our mission is to transform how social care and health care work together. You care about this too.
- Know your stuff. You will be a part of a small team building and maintaining our application and so we need engineers who are able to take ownership over their work.
- Have done it before. You’ve built web applications in the past and you want to do it again. You have 3+ years of experience with at least 1 year working on frontends and 1 year working on backends.
- Can navigate ambiguity. You are excited to join a startup company that is constantly changing and redefining itself.
- Aren’t a perfectionist. You’re nimble and know that, without unlimited time and resources (we’re a startup so we don’t have either), a good solution may need to come before a perfect one.
- Are empathetic and a good team player. We’re all just people trying our best and we have to support each other, and you share those values.
- Are looking to grow in your career. You are looking to become a better engineer, interested in learning new technologies, or taking on new responsibilities.
A few additional requirements to consider…
- Some post-secondary or equivalent education in a related field
- 2+ years of experience building enterprise-grade software
- 1+ years of web frontend experience using either Angular or React
- 1+ years of backend development
- 2+ years working on agile software development teams
- Passion and aptitude for health technology and an innate desire to always be looking for ‘what’s next’ to improve outcomes.
- Experience operating well both independently and alongside a team, and collaborating effectively with others.
Benefits: Dental insurance, Flexible schedule, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Health savings account, Vision insurance, Unlimited time off.
As an equal opportunity employer, Reema Health is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.
All employees and new hires of Reema Health, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, must accurately and honestly report their COVID-19 vaccination status to their employer and may be required to undergo regular COVID-19 testing. Various positions, regardless of vaccination status, will require regular use of surgical masks.