Supervisor (temp, part-time)
People & HR, Operations
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 3, 2022
Welcome to Our Place. We believe that sharing a home-cooked meal is the very best way to connect. That’s why we create products that simplify home-cooking; it’s why we celebrate traditions with families given, chosen, and found; and it’s why we share those stories with you, directly from the people and places where they originate.
We’re looking for a cooking enthusiast to inspire customers through product knowledge and exceptional service. In this role, you’ll partner with the General Manager in driving the success of the store . If you’re obsessed with food heritage and family traditions — we’d love to hear from you!
This role is a temporary position for the team and will support our Melrose store team from March through to the end of May.
What you’d do at Our Place
- Provide informative culinary knowledge to customers creating an exceptional in store experience.
- Creates a welcoming environment and an outstanding customer experience; and models that for all employees.
- Product obsessed/expert that provides knowledge and demonstration for all customers and employees. Including the utilization of Selling specific tools and providing training resources to educate the team on product, improve selling skills to achieve business goals.
- Serve as a role model for the sales associates with sales generation and providing one of a kind customer service experiences, making the customer experience the highest priority.
- Follows and exemplifies all Our Place policies and procedures.
- Maintain awareness of food trends and influences and initiate ideas for recipes, demonstrations, and samples.
- Be a point person for HQ counterparts and colleagues; assisting in marketing events and programming at the store.
- Coach store employees on how to execute culinary activities; increasing the general cooking knowledge of the entire team.
- Complete opening/closing duties and assigned daily tasks while managing the sales floor.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by General Manager
Who you are
- Formal training or degree in Culinary Arts preferred or equivalent job experience.
- 1 year of retail sales and supervisory experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift and move merchandise up to 35lbs
- Ability to climb and descend a ladder to retrieve or move merchandise
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (3+ hours)
- A flexible schedule, including daytime, nights, and weekend availability
- Ability to operate a computer, POS/register system, keyboards, and scanners
What we offer at Our Place
- An incredible mission centered around connection, representation, and celebration
- Top of market compensation
- Excellent medical benefits for full-time team members
- Paid vacation time and generous parental leave
- A team of kind, compassionate people
- A People Operations department focused on growth, development, and learning
- Lots of Our Place products (duh!)
In order to work from an Our Place location (including retail stores), travel for work, meet with vendors or others in-person, participate in creative productions or in-person Our Place-sponsored events, Our Place requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Our Place is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.