NUVIEW is revolutionizing the Earth Observation industry by deploying the first commercial satellites designed to annually map the planet’s entire land surface with LiDAR. NUVIEW’s data will elevate global capabilities and transform what is possible for mankind to know about the Earth.
As a Laser Engineer at NUVIEW, you will be responsible for overseeing our laser development and the space qualification of laser systems for our Earth Observation LIDAR satellite program. In addition to managing these responsibilities, you will contribute to the setup and operation of the laser laboratory and play a key role in ensuring laser safety, including developing and implementing safety protocols and providing ongoing safety training.
- Co-Engineering: Work closely with other engineering teams to co-design and co-engineer laser systems that meet the demands of space-based LIDAR applications. Ensure seamless integration of laser technology into satellite systems.
- Space Qualification: Lead the qualification process for laser systems to ensure their readiness for space missions, including environmental testing and verification. Identify and mitigate potential risks associated with laser operation in space.
- Laser Laboratory: Contribute to the design, setup, and operation of the laser laboratory, including the selection of equipment, instrumentation, and infrastructure. Maintain and calibrate laser equipment for research and development.
- Laser Safety: Develop and enforce laser safety protocols and procedures to protect personnel, equipment, and the environment. Provide training and guidance on laser safety to colleagues and partners.
- Research and Development: Stay current with the latest advancements in laser technology and recommend innovative solutions for improving the performance of our LIDAR systems.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain detailed records of laser-related activities, including test results, specifications, and safety procedures. Generate regular reports and documentation for internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Laser Engineering, Optical Engineering, or a related field.
- 4+ years of proven experience in laser system design, development, and space qualification, preferably in the aerospace or satellite industry.
- Strong knowledge of LIDAR technology, optoelectronics, and laser safety.
- Proficiency in laser laboratory setup, calibration, operations, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
NUVIEW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment that values and celebrates all employees’ unique backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics. We strongly encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply and join our team in driving innovation and success for all.