Site Autonomy Engineer (Onsite)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
The Site Autonomy Engineer’s primary role will be hands-on support of the operational fleet in respective site location. The engineer will work intimately with the electromechanical and software elements of the system to ensure the success of the launch and safety of the autonomous operation.
- Coordinates and implements vehicle upfits to support fleet upgrades and initiatives
- Debugs electrical and mechanical issues on the vehicles
- Executes on-site sensor calibrations
- Executes on-site testing of feature improvements
- Performs preventative maintenance on May vehicles
- Records issues found and resolutions, escalating in proper channels as necessary
- Assists in testing the autonomous operation of the vehicle to ensure it follows May’s standards for safety and rider comfort
- Implements hardware changes in the field, ensuring safe operation for return to service
- Communicates issues and successes to the engineering team, and drives resolution
- Perform data acquisition by utilizing vehicle sensor suite
- Coordinates and develops the on-site configuration and deployment of autonomous technology in designated locations
- Build and maintain local May Mobility mapping assets
- Assist in fleet cleanliness and demo readiness
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or relevant experience
- Experience and comfort in computing environments, especially Linux
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and/or electrical schematics
- Safety-first approach to all work
- Knowledge of wire harnesses and basic mechanical subsystems
- Ability to debug and modify mechanical and electrical systems
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical systems
- Systems-level thinking
- Experience using Git and GitHub or Gitlab, or ability to learn
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive healthcare suite including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans. Domestic partners who have been residing together at least one year are also eligible to participate!
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Healthcare and Dependent Care Accounts available.
- Rich retirement benefits, including an immediately vested employer safe harbor match.
- Generous paid parental leave with immediate eligibility as well as a phased return to work.
- Flexible vacation policy in addition to 15 paid company holidays.
- Competitive salary and equity program as well as a bonus program.
- Daily catered lunches and snacks for onsite employees
- Employee Work Perk Stipends for hybrid and remote employees
- Total Wellness Program providing numerous resources for overall wellbeing
The expected base salary range for this full-time position is $75,000 - $93,000 per year. May’s pay ranges are determined by the role, level, and location. Successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including but not limited to- job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. A successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, equity compensation, and generous company benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.