Software Engineer (All Levels) - Client
Manticore Games® is the developer of Core, a premier gaming UGC platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. It’s a radically accessible game construction kit and social game-playing platform, all-in-one. Manticore is now leveraging the power of Core to build a new immersive, life-simulation MMO experience.
We are looking for Software Engineers at all levels to help us build an interconnected, entertaining multiplayer experience. Our headquarters are located in San Mateo, CA but this role can be fully remote.
- Designing, developing and implementing major platform systems.
- Developing client-server gameplay code.
- Assisting Design and Art in planning and implementing game concepts and player abilities.
- Developing tools and processes used by the team.
- Maintaining and extending engine code.
- Optimizing CPU, GPU and memory use.
- Creating tools and pipelines that support high performance use of user generated content.
- Assisting in developing profiling tools and budgets for both the internal art team and end users.
- A minimum of 3 years programming.
- A minimum of 3 years in game development.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines such as art, design and engineering.
- C++ programming experience.
- Proven problem-solving and application of good software programming practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field or 5+ years industry experience as the degree equivalent.
- Experience architecting and implementing game systems, user interfaces, tools, back-end services, etc.
- Experience using Unreal Engine.
- Experience with PC and iOS targets.
- Understanding of game networking concepts - peer to peer, client/server, latency compensation, etc.
- Knowledge of back-end services (aws etc.).
- Have shipped multiple finished products in a lead or senior position.
- Mobile experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life/AD&D Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- ADP Employee Discount Program
- Monthly Snack/fruit Boxes
- Daily Lunch (in office only)
- Free Snacks & Beverages (in office only)
$72,000/year to $240,000/year
A reasonable estimate of the current US base salary range for this position is salary (the range listed above) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within that range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skill sets, experience and training, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include discretionary bonus (if any, based on individual and organizational performance), equity, or benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Something looks off?