Senior Gameplay Designer
We are looking for an experienced and innovative System Designer to help build a new, immersive multiplayer experience. Working in collaboration with the product, production, art, and engineering teams, you will help shape Core and work on genre-defining systems and social features. As a Designer, your work will be critical to the platform’s success and growth.
- Conceptualize, design, and implement game content, social features, and engaging moment-to-moment gameplay.
- Outline clear high-level designs for genre-defining systems and advocate for these designs with key stakeholders across key development groups.
- Work closely with designers and product managers to create fun, engaging, and diverse features and experiences.
- Collaborate with environment artists and gameplay engineers to create, implement, and polish systems and mechanics.
- Contribute to presentation, the level design of world spaces, gameplay and systems design, and more.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints & participate in finding solutions to optimize features.
- Write and maintain specification design and game-balancing spreadsheets documents.
- Be an advocate for player experience and create compelling user stories.
- Help implement game system, gathering feedback and adjusting design accordingly.
- Your player empathy and creativity help create in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will work with interdisciplinary teams, contributing and translating feedback to improve and iterate player-focused designs to delight players.
- Experience as an advocate for player experience with a history of creating quality games, and features.
- Strong technical ability in implementing features either created by yourself or by engineers.
- Deep understanding of what makes games fun and current best practices.
- Demonstrated experience tuning and balancing games.
- 5+ years of experience in game design or related experience.
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and flexibility in a changing environment.
- Strong understanding of free-to-play design, mechanics, and strategies.
- Experience building MMORPGs, Simulation Games, Survival Games, RPGs, or Virtual Worlds is a huge plus.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with experience communicating designs and delivering creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders and colleagues.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life/AD&D Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- ADP Employee Discount Program
- Daily Lunch (in office only)
- Free Snacks & Beverages (in office only)
$65,000/year to $145,000/year
A reasonable estimate of the current US base salary range for this position is salary (the range listed above) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within that range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skill sets, experience and training, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include discretionary bonus (if any, based on individual and organizational performance), equity, or benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.