Senior/Principal Software Engineer - Gameplay
We are looking for a Gameplay Software Engineer to help us build an interconnected, entertaining multiplayer experience. Our headquarters are located in San Mateo, CA but this role can be fully remote.
- Designing, developing and implementing major gameplay systems.
- Developing client-server gameplay code.
- Assisting Design and Art in planning and implementing and iterating on game concepts and player abilities.
- Integrating gameplay systems with other parts of our platform.
- Maintaining and extending engine code.
- A minimum of 7 years programming in C++.
- A minimum of 7 years in game development.
- Experience using Unreal Engine.
- Experience architecting and implementing game systems, user interfaces, tools, back-end services, etc.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines such as art, design and engineering.
- Strong communication skills: must be able to explain technical concepts, constraints, and problem solve with people who are not engineers.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field or 5+ years industry experience as the degree equivalent.
- Experience optimizing features and hitting performance targets.
- Experience with PC targets.
- Understanding of game networking concepts - peer to peer, client/server, latency compensation, etc.
- Experience with MMOs or online games with RPG elements
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life/AD&D Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- ADP Employee Discount Program
- Daily Lunch (in office only)
- Free Snacks & Beverages (in office only)
$112,000/year to $275,000/year
A reasonable estimate of the current US base salary range for this position is salary (the range listed above) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within that range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skill sets, experience and training, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include discretionary bonus (if any, based on individual and organizational performance), equity, or benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.