Hearth is a Fintech company helping home improvement contractors grow and manage their business. Our SaaS platform provides over 14,000 contractors the financial tools they need to close more business, including financing solutions, invoicing, payment collections, insurance products, all in one, modern system designed specifically for the home improvement industry.
Backed by 8VC, Founders Fund, and other prominent leaders in Silicon Valley, Hearth has raised over $50M and is one of the fastest growing companies in the home improvement space.
Hearth was launched six years ago to solve one problem: over 50% of home improvement small business owners go out of business within their first five years.
To us, the home improvement contractor is a true embodiment of the American Dream – skilled craftspeople who choose to start their own business to build a better life for their families and their communities.
While home improvement pros power a $500 billion per year industry and protect the homes of millions of Americans, they are looked down upon by Wall Street and Silicon Valley, and are one of the most underserved, undercapitalized, and written-off segments of entrepreneurs.
We built Hearth to tip the odds of success in their favor. Hearth is a seamless digital toolkit that helps home improvement pros win more projects, grow their sales, and save time running their business. In the last six years, we’ve built an industry-leading technology platform (Financing, Payments, Quotes, Contracts, and Banking), work with over 15,000 contractors, and have funded over $500 million in additional projects for home improvement pros. And, we are just getting started.
Hearth revenue teams are ready to enter an inflection point of growth. To do so, we are expanding our customer acquisition systems and to support this growth we are looking for strong leadership. Your mission will be to lead a team of sales professionals to tell Hearth’s story, represent the company as our front-lines, and start conversations with ideal customers at scale.
You will be supported by a world-class Learning & Development leader (formerly at ZipRecruiter) and SVP of Sales (Shift, LivingSocial, Auction.com, Velocify, SportsEngine, etc.) as well as mature Customer Success, Marketing, and Product teams. As a fast-growing Series B fintech SaaS startup, Hearth is well-capitalized by some of the strongest venture capital firms and investors in America
What You'll Do
- Help the team hit their revenue and sales efficiency metrics to ensure Hearth scales rapidly and efficiently
- Guide a team of 8-12 sales professionals to achieve and exceed targets
- Build a world-class solutions driven high volume sales team by investing in and developing the team
- Leverage your experience and demonstrate how to get things done: engage and convert customers, deliver demos, develop contact strategies, new objection handling techniques, etc.
- Use data to inform your choices (you must be comfortable analyzing data and forming actions)
- Create a culture of accountability and continuous improvement that is highly connected to the mission of helping small businesses and their customers.
- Develop the sales skills of your direct reports through 1:1’s, effective team meetings, call coaching and training. Your presence should accelerate the development and career aspirations of those reporting to you
- 4+ years managing high-volume inside sales, preferably within a high-growth SaaS company in a remote environment
- Deep sales skill set including managing a team to quota, pipeline management, objection handling, coaching team members, and Salesforce experience
- Excellent analytical skills , including the ability to gather and examine data sets, including the use of basic statistical concepts, and interpret them to make business choices (seriously, this is important - you have to understand and own your numbers)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize among battling priorities and apply resources to the best outcomes
- Proven ability to lead teams remotely and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Resourceful, self-motivated , and able to be successful in an entrepreneurial team-based environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- You have high emotional intelligence & Self-awareness
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Affinity for local businesses
- Experience selling solutions or products to small businesses is a huge plus.
- Ideal: previous experience in home improvement or financial lending
- Ideal: past experience in leading SMB, inside sales teams
- Ideal: past experience with transactional sales
- Ideal: past startup experience - you thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequent change
- Mission-driven, values-based culture.
- Competitive pay.
- Unmatched opportunities to learn and develop; front-row seat at a fast-growing tech startup
- Generous PTO, plus paid company holidays.
- Stock options.
- Medical, dental, and vision options.
- Upbeat, casual and fun office environment and culture.
- Company-sponsored events & happy hours.
- Pup-friendly office in Austin
More About Us
Hearth embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Something looks off?