Software Engineer, Full-Stack
Hearth is a Fintech company helping home improvement contractors grow and manage their business. Our SaaS platform provides over 14,000 contractors the financial tools they need to close more business, including financing solutions, invoicing, payment collections, insurance products, all in one, modern system designed specifically for the home improvement industry.
Backed by 8VC, Founders Fund, and other prominent leaders in Silicon Valley, Hearth has raised over $50M and is one of the fastest growing companies in the home improvement space.
About the Role
Think of the last Pull Request you merged at your previous job. Likely, it was code that ran in a small corner of your company's codebase, where its presence was appreciated but not noticed. At Hearth, your ideas and code will have a tremendous impact on the direction of our product from the very first week. You will have opportunities to work on high-impact projects that span many departments.
You will mentor others, own complete feature implementations, and spearhead architectural choices. We are a close-knit team that gets things done while having fun. Engineers are empowered to learn, solve open-ended problems, and maximize growth. We view the company as the conduit for employees to reach their highest potential in an environment that mutually benefits both parties.
You will be a founding engineer serving over 3 million small business owners.
Here's what you'll do:
- Build end-to-end experiences that enable a new form of entrepreneurship empowerment for over 3 million small business owners
- Collaborate with product, design, and across engineering on the strategic vision for our product roadmap
- Contribute to a culture of technical excellence through code and design reviews
- Deliver high-quality, secure, and testable code
- Mentor other engineers and contribute to the engineering culture
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- 3+ years of technical experience
- Experience leading projects from planning phase to delivery for React/React Native application and backend systems
- Experience as a generalist, working on whatever part of the stack necessary to solve the problem at hand
- A passion for building delightful web & mobile applications or systems that support them
- Care deeply about the quality of your work while balancing delivery expectations.
Technologies we build with and teach:
- React Native
- Ruby on Rails
Here's what we value:
- Growth. Between hackathons, tech presentations, and weekly "Brain Gains," we encourage each member to keep up to date and learn about the latest technologies and how we can leverage them.
- Ownership. We give you the context and resources necessary for you to feel empowered in what you build.
- Empathy. We can't build the best product for our users unless we make time to understand their background and where they're coming from.
- Mission-driven, values-based culture.
- Competitive pay.
- Growth opportunities as we continue to grow and scale.
- Generous PTO, plus paid company holidays.
- Stock options.
- Medical, dental, and vision options.
- 401(k) package.
The expected compensation range for this position is displayed in compliance with all local/state regulations. The expected compensation range for this position is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications, and prior work experience.
Engineers work closely with every department in the organization -- from sales and customer success to product and marketing. Come join a team that has an incredible impact on the company's success!
More About Us
Hearth embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Something looks off?