Developer Solution Engineer
Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar experiences. To-date, Genies has been widely adopted by cultural tastemakers and has partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their rosters’ “official avatar.” Genies has recently launched its consumer arm via its AR Developer Kit which allows developers to create interoperable avatar experiences for mobile and hardware AR. Their first avatar experience, Silver Studio, allows users to design and exchange digital fashion. Genies has raised $250M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Bob Iger valuing the company at $1 billion.
Genies is looking for someone to join our team and own Developer Relations; accelerating the innovation of Genies avatar experiences by supporting external developers as they build experiences for mobile and hardware AR.
As Genies gets closer to releasing a public Developer kit, we want a passionate, self-driven Developer Relations professional to join our product development team. The ideal candidate should be a tech-savvy professional, able to explain complex software development concepts to a diverse developer community, cultivate relationships, and advocate for developers' needs within our organization.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Lead, nurture, and expand our developer community by managing our developer communication channels for support and feedback, and promoting a positive culture that encourages collaboration and engagement
- Oversee the creation, maintenance, and improvement of developer documentation and tutorials to ensure they are comprehensive, accurate, up-to-date, and user-friendly
- Act as a key point of contact for developers, providing technical support, troubleshooting assistance, and addressing queries about our products and services
- Serve as the bridge between the developer community and our internal teams, advocating for developers' needs, providing feedback, and contributing to product strategy
- Organize and host developer-centric events such as webinars, hackathons, workshops, and training sessions to promote our products, engage with the community, and gather feedback for product improvement
- Help create the roadmap with the Product and Engineering teams to be able to effectively scale our developer ecosystem and developer tooling
What You Should Have:
- Proven experience in Developer Relations as a Developer Relations Specialist, Developer Relations Advocate, Developer Evangelist, or similar role
- Strong understanding of software development processes, and familiarity with popular programming languages, developer tools
- Expert-level experience using Unity
- Experience organizing and hosting developer events and managing communities
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience
- Experience with creating and maintaining technical documentation and tutorials
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to provide quick and efficient solutions
- Ability to support and maintain relationships with artists + developers
- You enjoy talking and writing about technology and have a passion for engaging developers
How Genies will support you
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $90,000.00 to $145,000.00 USD
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries for all full time employees
- Unlimited paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.