Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar experiences. To-date, Genies has been widely adopted by cultural tastemakers and has partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their rosters’ “official avatar.” Genies has recently launched its consumer arm via its AR Developer Kit which allows developers to create interoperable avatar experiences for mobile and hardware AR. Their first avatar experience, Silver Studio, allows users to design and exchange digital fashion. Genies has raised $250M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Bob Iger valuing the company at $1 billion.
Genies is looking for an experienced Product Designer to drive product design for core experiences of our mobile app, Silver Studio. This Product Designer will play an integral role in developing and managing all aspects of Genies design and creative output for our mobile experience. You'll own end to end design strategy for mobile, report to our Head of Product, work closely with our CEO & Founder, influence our product strategy as we explore and validate new solutions, and serve as the senior visual designer for Genies design team.
Collaboration at Genies is key to our success and we are looking for someone who loves to collaborate closely with engineering, product, and creative studio teams to solve both macro and micro UI/UX challenges; all while delivering an immersive and dynamic user experience. Our ideal candidate is a hands-on UI/UX product designer who thrives in creative, ambiguous, and collaborative environments. Genies’ mission is to allow users to express their authentic selves and connect with like-minded individuals. If you’ve ever dreamt of creating a consumer journey of the next medium of communication for the center of culture, then Genies is the newest chapter of your career.
What You Should Have:
- 5+ years of UI/UX mobile design experience that demonstrates your craftsmanship
- Extensive experience in any one of these areas is a plus: Visual Designer, Interactive Design, or Motion Design
- An ability to lead end-to-end design on products for mobile - web/desktop is a plus
- Exceptional user experience and design skills, and a portfolio of design work that shows the full range of your product design, user research, interaction design and visual design skills
- Strong product thinking, systems thinking and a track record for driving results by building products that provide great user experiences and business value
- Previous experience recruiting and building a world class product design team is a nice to have, but not mandatory
- Expert level proficiency with Figma, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Excellent storytelling with an ability to inspire via compelling stories
- Naturally curious and always seeking to learn more
- Experience with motion design and designing for accessibility
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions, driven by group critique
- Possess not just exceptional product design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well
- Strong information presentation (visual and written) skills; outstanding written and verbal communications
What You'll Be Doing:
- Define and deliver user experience, interactions, and interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, visual design, and user data & analytics
- Work in parallel on MVP/ functional designs, and pushing the boundaries of our north star product vision
- Conduct and leading user research, stakeholder interviews, and framing problems and insights through stories that help your team envision opportunities
- Use a human-centered design process to develop user stories, personas, user flows, design mockups, prototypes and specs for our most complex projects
- Own projects from beginning to end, while helping guide more junior & intermediate designers through their design process
- Contribute to and helping shape product design vision and strategy, generating buy-in, advocating for great user-centered practices, and operationalizing the strategy and processes for product design
- Use designs to help further internal exploration and R&D
- Help to maintain visual and brand consistency between all products and outlets
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with other teams such as Engineering, Product, Art & Animation, and Senior Management
How Genies will support you
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $125,000.00 to $230,000.00 USD
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Something looks off?