Head of Legal (m/f/d)
At G2, we’ve united top talent with the best competitive players from around the world to form a truly global esports club and entertainment brand. We are ambitious risk-takers, seeking to innovate the esports and entertainment industries, remaining playful and forthright while upholding our core values.
With one of the largest esports fan bases at our side, our mission is to spark emotion and foster conversation through powerful stories of competition within the esports industry and beyond. If you take pride in always striving for the best and crave the opportunity to create, innovate, and entertain the world, then you’ll feel right at home at G2.
Are you a legal visionary with a passion for esports and a knack for navigating the complex legal terrain of this dynamic industry? If so, we invite you to take the reins of our legal department and become an essential part of our esports journey and the #G2Army. Make your mark in the esports industry as you steer us through legal intricacies, protect our interests, and shape the future of gaming and G2.
G2 Esports is looking for a Head of Legal (m/f/d) to join our team. This is a full time opportunity based in Berlin who will directly report to our Chief Financial Officer.
- Leading our legal department in all areas, which includes internal management and the strategic management of our external counsel relationships
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations affecting the esports industry
- Draft, review and execute a wide range of contracts and agreements, including player contracts, sponsorship and partnership agreements
- Oversee legal disputes and manage litigation when necessary, while collaborating with external counsel and stakeholders to reach favorable resolutions
- Develop and provide legal training and guidance to employees on various legal issues, including data protection and contract matters
Ensure compliance with data privacy and security regulations, such as GDPR, while implementing and maintaining data protection policies and practices
- Juris Doctor (JD) or equivalent legal degree, while being able to practice law in Germany is mandatory
- Licensed to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction
- 5+ years of experience in legal roles, preferably in the esports or gaming industry
- Strong knowledge of esports regulations, intellectual property, and contract law
- Experience in international legal matters and cross-border transactions.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and manage a legal team effectively
- A proactive and solution-oriented mindset
- Strong ethical and moral principles
- Your English skills are fluent and proficiency in any other language is a plus
Our Values and philosophy
At G2, you´ll take ownership for your work and your personal growth without losing focus on our unity!
Ambitious: We are ambitious risk-takers, seeking to innovate the esports and entertainment industries, remaining playful and forthright while upholding our core values.
Human: An outstanding diverse work environment with international backgrounds, loaded with experience and a variety of success stories - all driven by the idea of achieving greatness together. A playful workplace, that is united and fair.
Greater purpose: Always focussing on creating impact beyond yourself. Not just working in a team, but for the team is our key for being successful.
Maximum flexibility: Flexible working hours, work from our well-connected Office in the heart of Berlin or partwhile from home with a great IT Setup.
Have what it takes to join the #G2Army ?
Click on the ‘Online Application’ button below and show us that you are the right person for this position. We are looking forward to learning about you and what you can bring to G2!