Electrical Engineer - PCB Design
Other Engineering, Design
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 13, 2022
Do you want to build products straight out of science fiction? Flyby is building software to power drone delivery fleets for major cities. Our goal is to unleash a future where anything you can dream of will arrive instantly.
Flyby was founded by a team of Yale graduates who built the United States’ first working urban drone delivery service. Our current team is composed of engineers previously from JPL, Google X Labs, and Anduril. We’re backed by category-defining investors such as Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt Founder), Naval Ravikant (Angelist Founder), Lightspeed Ventures Scout, and MaC Ventures.
Delivery drones are powerful machines. Our delivery accuracy is measured in centimeters and delivery time is measured in seconds. We are looking for PCB engineers who are excited about pushing the boundaries of what drones can accomplish.
You will be working with our electrical, mechanical, and software engineers to prototype and build various Flyby hardware projects including ultra-lightweight payload delivery mechanisms, real-time LiDAR terrain measurement systems, and long-range UAV control towers. Your primary focus will be on PCB design and fabrication.
As one of our first hires, you will be working closely with our founders and engineering lead in creating our assembly processes, reliability study designs & analyses, and implementation decisions. There is no status quo here—you’ll get to build the wildest solution you can imagine as long as it’s within the laws of aviation and physics.
This role is open to Los Angeles only. If you are interested in relocating, we’ll help cover your relocation costs.
- A love for robots and drones. You’re excited about working hands-on with mechanical systems.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering and 1+ years of professional experience in designing and producing PCBs.
- Strong proficiency in component selection, schematic design, and PCB layout.
- Experience in system design (design for manufacturability), validation and testing. working knowledge of Altium Designer and Autodesk EAGLE.
- You know how to be supportive—especially when teammates are faced with challenges.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in small teams at high speed.
- Excited about rapid iteration and testing what you built in real-life settings.
- You are excited about collaborating with our mechanical engineers on hardware challenges outside of your primary PCB design responsibilities.
- Previous experience with aviation or robotics projects.
Why you should join:
When your friends and family look up in the air, they will see robots powered by what you created. This is not technology that gets tucked away, it will touch the everyday lives of people around the country.
We want to make science fiction a reality and to give everyone the superpower to summon whatever they want instantly from their pocket. We’re proud to be backed by category-defining investors such as Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt Founder), Naval Ravikant (Angelist Founder), Lightspeed Ventures Scout, and MaC Ventures.
Flyby is an equal employment workplace and affirmative action employer. By valuing inclusion and diversity of all forms, we strictly prohibit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.