Trucking Procurement Associate, NAM EC
Trucking Procurement Associate, NAm EC JD
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Flexport is looking for a partnership driven, commercially minded individual to own regional trucking strategy and execution within the East Coast markets. You will not only manage partnerships and drive carrier development, but also support sales and business development internally to promote growth by means of strategic procurement, volume allocation and pricing decisions for your region. This role enables you to work cross-functionally among several different teams at Flexport such as Operations, Account Management, Sales, Ocean, Finance and Legal.
You will be responsible for carrier procurement in your respective markets and manage pricing, operational performance, technology adoption, support new sales leads and grow existing accounts, oversee compliance and much more. You will organize the development of new services and lanes within your markets to ensure Flexport upholds the strongest carrier network in the industry. This role allows you to become an expert in your domain while exposing you to multiple facets of the Freight Forwarding business.
- Execute on regional trucking strategy: ensure healthy growth within their markets, execute carrier and market strategy, negotiate carrier contracts
- Develop and manage local carrier partnerships: maintain, manage, and serve as key stakeholder for trucking partner relationships within your market. Ensuring success of technology strategy
- Manage trucking partner SLAs: including compliance in relation to performance, compliance and technology use
- Procure and negotiate rates for your markets: maintain competitive spot and contract rates
- Own pricing strategy and drive net revenue within your local markets: provide markup and ICC guidance, set sell tariffs
- Establish regular market updates as the regional trucking expert: leading enablement with an in depth understanding of the local market nuances and conditions
- Client solutions & account support: support sales in winning new business, including attending and joining client meetings.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree and 3+ years of experience in relevant trucking, freight forwarding, transportation or supply chain roles
- Knowledge of product and technology within the industry
- Experience with regards to imports and/or exports from a sales, operational or procurement perspective
- Experience building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with vendors
- Analytical skills and metric / data based approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical background and knowledge of analytical tools (Excel, etc)
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?