Director, Compliance & ER
ER & Compliance Director
Flexport is reinventing global trade
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
Flexport is looking for a creative and collaborative leader to build out our Employee Relations (ER) and Compliance function. This role will be part of the People Tech and Employee Experience team, and will partner closely with our Employment Legal, Compliance teams, and People Business Partner teams. Overall, this leader is responsible for managing and resolving (either themselves or through others) employee-related issues, ensuring that the organization complies with all relevant laws and regulations, and that employees are treated fairly and with respect.
- Build out a framework and process for employee investigations and submissions of complaints (tools, processes, trainings, etc)
- Investigate employee complaints and concerns, and work with management to resolve issues and improve employee relations.
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures that comply with relevant laws and regulations, such as those related to equal employment opportunity, workplace safety, and wage and hour laws.
- Ensure that Flexport has accurate and up to date records related to compliance and ER activities.
- Build out and manage internal training for employees and managers on HR policies and compliance requirements.
- Partner with legal counsel and other compliance professionals to stay up-to-date on changes to employment laws and regulations and to develop appropriate compliance strategies.
- Update and maintain employee handbooks
You Should Have:
- Minimum 8 years of People/HR related experience Minimum
- 5 years hands-on experience managing ER and/or Compliance related work
- Ability to work on assignments that are complex in nature, requiring judgment in resolving issues or making recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong customer service orientation and collaboration skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills with great attention to detail, while focusing on stringent deadlines, managing concurrent high priority initiatives
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?