Principal Software Engineer, Enterprise Experience Platform
Build the first modern logistics platform
Flexport is building the first modern logistics platform to make global trade easier for everyone. We are solving complex problems on a global scale, and disrupting a multi-trillion dollar industry that has remained stubbornly unchanged.
Enterprise Experience Engineering:
At Flexport, we’re passionate about making global trade easy for everyone. Our Enterprise Experience team is dedicated to solving the most complex logistics problems for our large customers. We strive to deliver actionable insights that help our customers track inventory movement worldwide, reduce supply chain costs, increase availability, and speed. Our team manages end-to-end supply chain complexity so that our customers don’t have to.
We are searching for a talented Principal Software Engineer to join us in designing and scaling the Flexport full-stack enterprise platform. This individual must bring clarity to complex problems by partnering with business and engineering leaders to develop solutions to even the most challenging issues. In this role, you will inspire by modeling an ambiguous domain with clearly defined services and charting the course for key technical systems. You will set the standard for engineering excellence and fiercely advocate for it. Being hands-on and enjoying the work associated with building systems is at your core. Above all, you are passionate about growing and nurturing the engineering community by serving as a mentor and coache, fostering shared technical understanding and principles to drive growth and development for all engineers.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of large-scale software systems
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other software engineers
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to define and deliver software solutions that meet business objectives
- Act as a technical subject matter expert for the development team and organization
- Champion best practices in operational excellence
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends and apply them to software development efforts where appropriate
You should have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent professional work experience)
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in software development
- Proven experience leading the design, development, and deployment of large-scale, complex software systems
- Full stack technical expertise in multiple programming languages and technologies
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
- Experience and passion for mentoring and providing technical guidance to other software engineers
- Experience with software development processes and best practices, including Agile and CI/CD
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and industry trends
- Proven success evolving complex architecture from monolithic to service-oriented (preferred)
- Experience working with large data sets (preferred)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails (strongly preferred)
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React + Next.js, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app into a Micro Services architecture, primarily on JVM languages (Java and Kotlin). Our data is persisted in the right store for the job, typically Postgresql or MongoDB. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Kubernetes.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
RQfullstack. RQmicroservices. RQCICD
Something looks off?