Senior IT Support Engineer
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Flexport is looking for a Senior IT Support Engineer for our Singapore office, who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience while delivering outstanding technical support to Flexport employees. Our team works cross-functionally with our partners in IT TechOps, Security, People Ops, Workplace and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations, and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport enterprise technology around the world.
- Maintain IT infra and tools to ensure business running smoothly in Singapore and SEA countries.
- Assist Flexport employees via in-person walk-up, support ticket, email, or chat as needed.
- Document support and operations processes.
- Do procurement and vendor management for IT devices and services.
- Maintain accurate Asset Management records.
- Design and execute projects to improve systems and operations.
- Travel to Flexport offices around the world (approx. 10% will be required).
You should have:
- Strong service-oriented mentality is a must. Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, ability and willingness to learn and cross-train with other IT team members required.
- Experience in providing technical support in an Enterprise environment and a love for solving problems with a high level of professionalism and passion for customer service.
- Comfort in working with and supporting all levels of an organization, up to and including company executives.
- Advanced logical analyzing and decision making skills for handling complex issues.
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn and continuously develop your technical skills with an appreciation of the details, including maintaining and updating IT documentation and procedures.
- Extensive experience in documenting the status of cases and providing updates to customers, the global IT team, and leadership, with an understanding of the importance of inventory management, the asset lifecycle, and how to maintain an organized help desk.
- Past experience in being a part of both a global and local team and a love of standardization and an understanding that consistency and adherence to best practices will help any organization scale.
You will need:
- Minimum 5 years (prefer 8+) experience in IT Support in a professional environment.
- Experience using and managing ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, particularly JIRA and other Atlassian products.
- Strong customer service, problem-solving, and teamwork abilities.
- Extensive technical knowledge of macOS, Windows 10/11 and Network fundamentals.
- Experience administering GSuite for Enterprise (Gmail, GCal, GDocs, etc) and Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience with troubleshooting network issues in a corporate network environment.
- Experience with video conferencing solutions (MS Teams) and support.
- A positive, service-oriented attitude, needs to be a problem solver.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation that includes after-hours and weekend support.
- Some heavy lifting required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
See more open positions at Flexport
Something looks off?