Head of DEIB
Flexport is reinventing global trade.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with passionate and resourceful team members who are in it together.
In this role, you will partner with leadership at all levels across the company to define and drive progress against the company’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) goals, lead Flexport towards making meaningful progress leveraging data and insights, and tell the story of our DEIB work at Flexport. Strategizing alongside Executive Leadership, the People Team, Employment Counsel, Employee Resource Groups and Business Teams, you will build programs and experiences that enhance belonging equity and inclusion for Flexport Employees as well as diversity amongst its suppliers and partners.
- Drive cross-company DEIB goals across the executive team at Flexport
- Use data to support goals and share progress on this journey at Flexport as well as the industry on the whole
- Serve as the subject matter expert on the People Team to ensure that a DEIB lens is integrated into all aspects of the employee experience including Talent Acquisition and Recruiting, Total Rewards, Talent Management, Internal Communications, Workplace Experience and our People Partner team
- Guide programs that ensure we’re partnering with a diverse supplier and partner base
ERG Leadership And Employee Experience
- Serve as the senior leader overseeing all Employee Resource groups; focusing on driving engagement, Flexport culture alignment and interaction between ERGs to ensure operation in support of employee experience
- Advocate for the cultural impact that ERGs have on our company and champion efforts to recognize their contributions
- In partnership with People analytics, regularly review and interpret employee data to ensure we are driving belonging for all employees. Utilize this feedback to define and deploy action plans to address feedback trends partnering with leadership and the people team to execute
- Create and deploy an annualized calendar of events, training, and engagement mechanisms to support DEIB work across the organization
- Support the development of managers across Flexport on inclusive leadership behaviors through direct training experiences and coaching
- Help tell the story of the diverse workforce and supplier base Flexport supports through its work in advancing global trade
You Should Have:
- Deep subject matter expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion topics including but not limited to: equity, belonging, anti-racism, global inclusion, cultural humility, structural inequality, and social justice
- Strong analytical skills and experience leading DEIB through the lens of data first and “moving the needle” and evangelizing the effort second
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience with direct exposure to diversity, equity and inclusion in either talent management, training and development, employee relations, and culture OR product inclusion and/or marketing and communications
- Demonstrated experience partnering with the business to embed diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging into the framework of how they operate and drive outcomes in the areas of representation in reaching a more diverse customer base
- Skilled communicator with deep sense of empathy and strong interpersonal skills; the ability to facilitate, present, coach, influence, and lead others
- Strong analytical and complex problem solving skills with the ability to identify potential issues, translate data into business needs, and recommend solutions
- Experience leading teams and achieving results through others
- Excellent project management skills, successful execution through collaboration, and proven results within a matrixed organization
- A truly global lens and mindset with the understanding that we are a global team and not simply a US company with international operations.
- Discretion and the ability to deal with ambiguity; seek input and make decisions when there is no “right” answer or the best option is not immediately obvious. Ability to handle sensitive or highly charged moments (employee relations, social crisis, leader coaching) with empathy, courage, good judgment, and clear, effective communication
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?