Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure Systems
We are reinventing global trade.
The Data Infrastructure team is rapidly growing and we are looking to add to help build our infrastructure. Our infrastructure includes streaming, messaging, search, data api layer, data orchestration, data integrations and transactional databases. We are ready to push limits with our next generation data infrastructure. You will contribute to the engineering projects, learn and grow with us.
This team is responsible for the technologies and data infrastructure to store and access data at scale. The solutions are technology-centric and free of Flexport business logic. These data services are provided by either AWS, open-source community, third party vendors, or created by the team if necessary. Engineering teams can utilize and access using data ci/cd pipelines, which help to ensure correct usage. These services are generic enough to be used by any company with a similar security, stability, scalability, and cost requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Build infrastructure to support various data processing workloads (Airflow/Dagster, ETL’s, Kafka).
- You'll help define the processes and infrastructure to transform and make data readily available across the company .
- Deliver cloud infrastructure solutions that align with business objectives.
- Utilize CI/CD tools to automate various tasks, create templates, and facilitate self-service options
- Utilize security best practices for all designed infrastructure.
- Develop and enforce cloud infrastructure and engineering best practices.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience building and operating critical data infrastructure .
- 1+ years of experience working in data platform.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools, especially Terraform.
- Experience working DAG-based orchestration tools like Airflow/Dagster or Luigi .
- Demonstrable skills in at least one programming language preferably Python.
- Develop Pipelines to ingest data into Snowflake data lake and warehouse and provide tools and frameworks for operating on that data .
- Experience with Kubernetes and the AWS ecosystem .
- Experience building internal data platform tooling to automate processes.
- Experience designing, building, and deploying scalable cloud-based Infrastructure.
- Experience with monitoring tools like DataDog, Grafana, or New Relic.
- Provide technical support during regular business hours and participate in an on-call rotation
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?