Sr. Network Engineer (APAC)
We are reinventing global trade.
Great technology infrastructure is crucial in helping us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. Flexport is looking to expand its existing team focused on internal network engineering. This Shanghai based Sr. Network Engineer will have the responsibility to design, deploy and manage the global enterprise network on a variety of cutting-edge platforms. The Sr. Network Engineer will drive automation tooling and implement tools that improve reliability and efficiency in our global network.
What you'll do:
- Architect, design, plan, and implement improvements to our global network infrastructure
- Work closely with our security team to design and deliver security related enhancements.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network hardware from Firewalls, switches, WAPs and more
- Design, implement and maintain new and existing systems, such as monitoring and analysis, management and alerting, for a complex enterprise network
- Act as a technical escalation point and provide support for network related issues and requests
- Perform peer review of other team members work and strong documentation skills following compliance best practices
- Implement extensive in-house testing and research for network infrastructure improvements
- Provide documented solutions, including build and maintenance plans
- Continuous development and improvement of network policies and procedures and ensuring they are put into practice and followed by the team
- Develop automated methods through code to mitigate and remediate network events and minimize operational complexity
- Manage existing relationship with service providers, contractors, and various vendors
What you'll need:
- You have at least 5-7 years networking experience
- Experienced in designing large scale global networks
- You have a strong working knowledge of routers, L2/3 switches, enterprise WiFi solutions, and prevailing brands of firewalls and EndPoint Security solutions
- You are very familiar with and have extensive hands-on experience with Palo Alto Networks, Ruckus, Cisco Meraki, Cisco, Aruba and Juniper devices/technology.
- You possess a high level of integrity and can work independently and under tight project schedules
- You are able to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, including non-technical users
- Experience with Layer 2 protocols and associated enhancements such as LACP, L2 ECMP, 802.1d/w/s, or 802.1x.
- In-depth experience with routing protocols such as OSPF, MP-BGP, MPLS and VRFs
- in-depth experience with Layer 3 protocols such as IPv4/IPv6, TCP or UDP
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is desired: VPN (DVMRP, GRE, IPSec/SSL VPNs), Wireless (802.1a/b/g/n), Global and Local Server Load-Balancing (GLB/SLB)
- Experience in programming or scripting to automate / build etc (Python preferred)
- You are familiar with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Logic Monitor, DataDog
- You are customer service minded and develop and maintain cordial, effective partnerships
- This role will require some travel, on-call, and afterhours work
- Bonus points for: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNA/CCNP) and/or Security certifications
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Something looks off?