Senior Software Engineer, Tracking
Build the systems to help Flexport grow
Flexport’s Visibility service is the cornerstone product for Flexport’s evolution into becoming the global platform for trade. The Visibility team delivers universal visibility of cargo milestones for Flexport’s clients with the ease of a Google search. Be a part of the team helping to expand and deliver this service and help grow Flexport to be not only the top freight forwarder, but deliver a true global operating system for trade.
- Work on our Ruby on Rails backend service, the Visibility Platform to power milestone tracking across multiple modes (Air, Ocean, Rail and more)
- Lead team members to identify right software solutions to solve ambiguous, open ended problems. Contribute actively in development process (PRD Reviews, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning and Retros)
- Collaborate with offshore team members in following manner:
- Provide technical oversight over feature development, ensure appropriate test coverage, and review and approve pull requests.
- Remove roadblocks and/or bottlenecks for the offshore team and resolve questions in timely manner.
- Collaborate with product and other engineering teams to create a scalable service which can ingest milestone information from many sources handle a large load of container tracking
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience working with backend challenges
- Python or Rails background
- API design
- Strength in cross-functional collaboration with design, product, and business
- Optional: Strong knowledge of Kotlin or another JVM-based language
Bonus points if you’ve worked with:
Engineering Culture and Values:
Check out our Engineering Blog.
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8B, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.
Something looks off?