Staff Software Engineer, Backend
At Edge Delta we’re building an observability automation platform that simplifies log management, speeds up troubleshooting processes, and gives developers, DevOps and SRE teams full control of their rapidly-growing observability data.
We are a well-funded Series B ($81MM total funding) high growth startup headquartered in Seattle, with team members throughout the United States and EMEA. We empower our teams to contribute to building our collective success, invest in their professional development, and offer the flexibility to balance their personal and professional lives.
We allow our customers the ability to analyze complete datasets in real-time – no more sampling, filtering, or tiering data. Edge Delta processes 100% of your observability data as it’s created at the source to maximize visibility and reduce index volumes.
We don’t only tell you there’s a “needle” – we show you its precise location in the “haystack.” Edge Delta surfaces every anomaly, even those you’ve never seen before. If the prospect of helping guide customers in this journey sounds exciting, this is the place for you!
Edge Delta is the place where you can be given the opportunity and autonomy to shape the future of observability.
What you’ll do
- Be an early member of a thriving startup and become the best version of yourself
- Help building a cutting edge observability product that can analyze PBs of data daily
- Work with ex-Google, Twitter, Microsoft, Meta engineers and have fun doing it
- Be a subject matter expert in multiple components, design and implement the most complex features with no guidance
- Bring or develop new know-how to the company that produce a material impact on the business
- Continually identify gaps and champion improvement to the architecture, technology and processes
- Provide technical guidance and act as a stakeholder during roadmap planning
- Multiply other engineers’ output through mentorship, documentation and/or building tools & best practices
- Work regularly with the product team, and occasionally interface with our Sales and Customer Success teams as well as directly with customers
You’ll definitely need
- A Bachelor's, Masters, or PhD Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Ability to write production quality code using a modern development stack
- Ability to provide concise and high value feedback during code reviews
- Experience in designing and developing REST APIs for high volume clients
- Hands on practice in building and operating large scale production systems with a deep care for customer experience
- Hands on experience in using monitoring & troubleshooting solutions such as Datadog, Grafana, Splunk, SumoLogic etc.
- Proficiency in using control systems (e.g. git), automated build-and-test frameworks, and CI/CD tools
- Strong leadership and technical communication skills, with the ability to write in English fluently and idiomatically
What would wow us
- Startup experience
- Domain expertise and industry experience in Observability
- Experience with modern DevOps stack such Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker & AWS/Azure
- A PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- History of maintaining or contributing to open source projects
This is a remote role that can be done from anywhere in the US. We offer competitive salary, unlimited PTO, flexible remote work opportunities, stock option equity, comprehensive Medical/Vision/Dental.