Sales Development Representative (North America East Coast Remote Ok)
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Sunday, June 4, 2023
About Safari AI
Safari AI, formerly known as curbFlow, uses computer vision technology to convert the digital cameras of businesses & organizations into data collection machines. There are over a Billion IP cameras in the world, and Safari AI's mission is to make them much more valuable to their commercial owners. Clients connect their video to Safari AI to get real-time, business-critical data like pedestrian counts for retail, guest tracing for commercial real estate, traffic counts for DOTs and engineering firms, employee engagement at restaurants, and live wait times for amusement park rides, to name a few of our use cases.
Paying clients include Taco Bell/Yum Brands, NYC's largest 7-11 franchisee, Goodwill, Brightline, Merlin Entertainments (owner of Legoland) and JBG Smith, developer of Amazon's HQ2.
Safari AI was seed-funded with $8mm in 2018 by venture capital firms General Catalyst and Initialized Capital (Garry Tan) and expects to raise a Series A by the end of 2022.
Leadership & Culture
Safari AI is founded and led by three former Y Combinator founders with two exits under their belts. The company has operated as a distributed team since its founding in 2018. Team members currently live in DC, NY, Texas, the Bay Area and Canada.
We are building our sales infrastructure and it all starts at creating opportunities at the top of the funnel. Safari AI is looking for its first SDR to feed its Founder & CEO-led sales team with qualified Enterprise leads. The position reports directly to the CEO who has a background in Sales and has performed the job at every stage of the funnel. The SDR will immediately have access to all the software tools (e.g. Zoominfo, Hubspot, et.c) to hit the ground running.
About You and How you Succeed at Safari AI
You're excited about presenting a product that hasn't been built before. You have a bias toward action when you are stuck but are not afraid to ask for help when you need to. You're eager to test new ways of doing things and can take advantage of the freedom an early stage startup can afford you.
- Reach out to Enterprise prospects on the phone daily
- Utilize the company's software tools to engage and re-engage prospects, both cold and warm
- Set the Founder & CEO up for success by calendaring the right people from prospect accounts
- Help introduce new ideas and processes to the SDR role and acquiring leads at the top of the sales funnel
- Collaborate with all parts of the team, including marketing, operations and product to improve the funnel
- Be a foundational member of a quickly growing sales team
- Have at least one year of prospecting experience or software sales, engaging with preferably Enterprise accounts
- You have the ability to walk into an early stage sales team and hit the ground running, achieving quotas with enterprise accounts excited to learn more about Safari AI
- Have a proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance objectives (sales qualification, cold calling, number of appointments calendared)
- Startup experience a plus
- Mature communication skills (both written and verbal)
How to be Successful at Safari AI
- Passionate about our mission of automating dozens of manual tasks and processes our customers struggle through now
- Are proactive and bring new ideas to the company without being told what to do
- Are a charismatic individual capable of inspiring a client and/or sales team
- Believe that having a great sales process leads to great sales results
- Thrive when solving ambiguous and open-ended problems
- Are a life-long learner, humble, and constantly looking to improve
- Excel in fast-changing, high growth environments
- Are highly empathetic (to teammates, customers, everyone), and love learning from other viewpoints
- Believe that clarity of communication is important, both spoken and written
What we offer
- Opportunity to shape an early-stage, mission-driven startup
- Live anywhere you want in North America - Speed matters to Scale, so we are building a distributed team of the best talent fast
- Professional growth at a fast-growing, venture-funded start-up with a proven founder
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity for early team members
- Unlimited vacation days
- Generous health benefits (Health, Vision, Dental)
- Brand new, top of the line hardware and whatever else you need to help you win
Safari AI has repeatable traction on the sales side, as well as organic growth. The opportunity with this role is to join a fast-growing company that has hit product market, and bring best practices in sales and leadership to continue the growth of the department.
Why bet on Computer Vision and Safari AI?
1. Huge industry hiding in plain sight: auto-measuring physical activity at scale
2. Large chasm between customer knowledge and market availability, i.e. customers don't know what is available in the market
3. No clear leader; everyone is small and unbranded (i.e. no Amazon or Google in the room to compete with)
4. The tech is very modular, allowing Safari AI and its customers to invent whole new use cases on a regular basis
5. Safari AI has developed the tech and data pipelines over three years and invested several million dollars and is now ready to scale
6. Safari AI is already emerging as the market leader in auto-measuring with CV by working with customers like Merlin Entertainment, Taco Bell/Yum!, Goodwill, JBG Smith, City of Washington DC and Brightline to name a few.