Field Service Technician (Phoenix, AZ)
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Chef Robotics’ goal is to transform food companies with intelligent food automation. By automating food production, we are solving the number one problem the food industry faces - a crushing labor shortage. Our robotic system is gaining fast traction with various customers and clients. We have signed multiple 8-figure multi-year contracts with various food companies and expect to expand our reach in the near future.
Our team consists of Senior and Staff engineers and leaders from various industries and companies, such as Cruise, Google, Tesla, Nuro, Neuralink, Meta, and more.
Chef is a private company funded by Kleiner Perkins, Construct, Bloomberg Beta, and Promus Ventures.
More about our goal: https://chefrobotics.ai/mission
More about our principles: https://chefrobotics.ai/principles
More about benefits: https://chefrobotics.ai/careers
The next decade of technological growth will be driven by AI and robotics. Do you want to join in the excitement, opportunities and rewards that will come? Do you want to be part of a young company at the forefront? If you do, know that it will be challenging work, if you are up for it, then this might be the job for you. The job is to provide best-in-class customer service by serving as the primary contact for onsite robot installation, configuration, operational qualification, and by being an on-site resource for maintenance, troubleshooting and repair. Chef robots include AI imaging, perception and autonomy using cameras and other sensors, end effector components to move ingredients, a robotic arm and other mechatronics. The job requires technical skills to understand the basics of these components and how they function together in the robotic system. Our customers depend on Chef’s robots; therefore, it is essential that they be repaired and maintained to the highest quality standards. This role is part of the Operations Team who is focused on customer support and success. Since we have customers across the US and Canada this job requires up to 75% travel. And since you would be the face of the company dealing directly with customers this position requires excellent communication, necessary for developing and maintaining good internal and external relations.
- Are passionate about robotics, manufacturing automation, and working with customers.
- Have a strong track record of successful maintenance and repair of machines in a manufacturing environment, preferably intelligent robots.
- Know how to manage your time, are self-driven, capable of figuring out what needs to be done, scheduling, and executing customer needs. Your skills include mechatronics troubleshooting and repair.
- Have a working knowledge of computers and electronics so you can load, configure and deploy new software.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is needed to understand our customers' concerns and operations.
- Have excellent interpersonal communications skills with the ability to handle high stakes, high pressure customer interactions in a professional and engaging manner.
- Enjoy travel and are prepared to spend much of your time visiting customer sites.
What you'll do
- Coordinate and execute inspection, maintenance, and repair tasks on robots in the field. Troubleshoot, debug, and repair medium complexity issues on site.
- Perform scheduled PM’s (Preventative Maintenance).
- Install robots at customer sites and train customers on operation and maintenance.
- Maintain customer contact reports, training records and installation and maintenance records for all technical support and field service contacts in alignment with quality procedures.
- Recognize, communicate, and properly document product issues, complaints, and improvements.
- Coordinate onsite schedule (yourself, vendor, other technicians, etc.) in alignment with customer expectations.
- Escalate problems, when needed, to appropriate resource(s) for solutions.
- Assist in the development and refinement of maintenance procedures and tools.
- Deliver positive interaction with customers any time you visit their site.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and policies and clean and safe work environment.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time.
- 1-month initial onsite training at Chef HQ in San Francisco California.
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive.
- Must own a car and must be willing to use it to drive to customer locations.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule to support customers, including some weekends, nights, and on-call hours.
- 3+ years field experience with robotics, IoT, or similar HW/SW industries Experienced in and excited to work in manufacturing automation.
- BA or BS degree, preferably with an Engineering major.
- Setup and perform IT / networking projects.
- Experience with troubleshooting/debug/repair of electrical and mechanical instrumentation.
- Experience with precision alignment tools and techniques.
- Experience creating Standard Operating Procedures and checklists.
- Familiar with Python.
- Familiar with Linux.
- Spanish working proficiency.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, age, pregnancy status, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status.
Multiple studies have found that a higher percentage of women and BIPOC candidates won't apply if they don't meet every listed qualification. Chef values candidates of all backgrounds. If you find yourself excited by our mission but you don't check every box in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway!