Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
At Carta Healthcare, we believe in a multidisciplinary approach to solving problems. Our mission is to automate and simplify the work that burns out clinical staff, so they can focus on patient care. Our AI Enabled Technology offers a complete solution (people, process and technology) to support the Healthcare Registry Data Market. We design products that transform the way hospitals use data to deliver care. We make analyzing data fast, easy, and useful for everyone. We give clinicians time back to focus on research and care that improve patient lives by reducing paperwork. Carta Healthcare is a remote organization with headquarters in San Francisco and Portland, Oregon.
To learn more about our AI Enabled Solutions and more about our company, please visit www.carta.healthcare
Carta Healthcare is in a phase of rapid expansion and is currently seeking to onboard a proficient and driven Kubernetes DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to become an integral part of our dynamic team. In the role of a Site Reliability Engineer, you will assume the vital responsibility of ensuring the unwavering availability, scalability, and dependability of our Kubernetes infrastructure. Collaborating within our platform/operations team, you will work in close conjunction with both the engineering and product teams. Your primary focus will involve devising, executing, and managing our Kubernetes clusters and associated services.
The overarching objective revolves around the establishment of a sustainable, zero-trust platform that significantly bolsters the pace of delivering novel features across our organization. It's essential to highlight that this position offers the flexibility of full remote work and will directly report to our Director of Production Operations.
- Design, deploy, and maintain Kubernetes clusters across multiple environments
- Develop and maintain automation tools for deploying and managing Kubernetes clusters
- Monitor and troubleshoot Kubernetes clusters to ensure high availability and performance
- Implement security best practices for Kubernetes infrastructure and services
- Participate in incident response and work to reduce the MTTR over time.
- Continuously improve the reliability, scalability, and performance of our Kubernetes infrastructure
- Work closely with developers to ensure that our applications are properly deployed and configured in Kubernetes
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes and containers. (i.e. be a Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) or working towards it)
- Experience with GitOps tools in a Kubernetes environment such as Flux, Helm, and Kustomize
- Proficiency in infrastructure as code (IaC) tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Solid understanding of network and security principles, including VPNs, firewalls, and load balancers
- Comfort working in a highly agile, iterative software development process
- Experience with one of the following scripting languages (Be able to write scripts and automate): Python and Linux
- Experience being customer facing (production support)
- Experience with OpenTelemetry monitoring and observability approaches and tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, and Elasticsearch
- Experience contributing to Developer Experience platforms or solutions
- Experience with logging and log analysis tools such as OpenSearch / ElasticSearch
- Experience with GitOps principles and tooling such as Flux.
- Contributions and/or a passion for open source.
- Kubernetes operator and controller development
The target wage range for this role is $130,000 to $160,000 annually. Individual wage rates within this range are based on multiple factors including but not limited to skills, experiences, licensure and certifications.
All applicants require legal authorization to work in the United States now or in the future without sponsorship. Applicants must reside in the United States.
Carta Healthcare is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve health systems across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found and strongly believe that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.