Software Engineer - API & Services
At Caffeine, we are creating the home for live sports and community. As an independent social broadcasting platform, we distribute and monetize live and on-demand sports and community content to a rapidly growing audience discovering, watching, and interacting with sports creators and the fan community.
This is an exciting and enormous opportunity, and key to our success so far has been building a supportive, collaborative, and world-class team. Our teams prioritize delighting fans and viewers of content on Caffeine, building innovative experiences that distribute and monetize our content partners with their fans, taking ownership of our commitments, and acting with resilience and determination, to build the leading product and community for live broadcasting.
Caffeine is a California remote-first company, at which teams come together in-person to collaborate at least once a quarter. More frequency may be required based on business needs.
As a Software Engineer at Caffeine, you will be building the core of our product. You will create new services, contributing to our real-time components and integrating with the data stores that make up our product. We have a microservices architecture with a focus on speed and reliability. You and your team will own and maintain each service you create, from coding and testing to deployment pipeline and production uptime.
What You'll Do:
- Design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain backend services and APIs.
- Integrate new features or services with our existing platform.
- Write unit, functional, and integration tests for the services and features you add, as well as find and adopt new ones to further increase maintainability and velocity.
- Collaborate cross-functionality with our Product, Data, and Content-focused colleagues to build the best experience.
- Optimize data access patterns for speed and scalability.
- Troubleshoot business and production issues by information gathering, root cause analysis, and developing solutions and instrument services for operational visibility to reduce future issues.
- Build software that is scalable, extensible, maintainable, and observable.
Who You Are & What You've Done:
- 5+ years of extensive backend development experience.
- Experience in building highly performant systems using relational and key-value data stores.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and build pipelines.
- Experience building and developing large-scale services and/or distributed systems.
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies/languages quickly; we currently use Golang, Ruby, and Python, but we use whatever tool is required to get the job done right.
- Experience in modern containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with real-time event processing such as Kafka.
- Familiarity with building components in cloud computing services such as AWS or GCP.
The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon multiple job-related factors such as professional background, work experience, skills, and market demand. These considerations can cause your base pay to vary. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and benefits.
The overall market range for this role is typically $148,240 - $174,400.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Caffeine. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.