Senior Software Engineer - Web
At Caffeine, we are creating the home for live sports and community. As an independent social broadcasting platform, we distribute and monetize live and on-demand sports and community content to a rapidly growing audience discovering, watching, and interacting with sports creators and the fan community.
This is an exciting and enormous opportunity, and key to our success so far has been building a supportive, collaborative, and world-class team. Our teams prioritize delighting fans and viewers of content on Caffeine, building innovative experiences that distribute and monetize our content partners with their fans, taking ownership of our commitments, and acting with resilience and determination, to build the leading product and community for live broadcasting.
Caffeine is a California remote-first company, at which teams come together in-person to collaborate at least once a quarter. More frequency may be required based on business needs.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Web Development team. As part of the Caffeine engineering team, you will work closely with product and other product-focused engineers to build our viewing and streaming platforms.
You are passionate about creating performant, beautiful, and consistent experiences. You have an excellent understanding of proven engineering technologies and a grasp of what is on the horizon across the stack.
What you’ll do:
- Build great experiences for users on the Caffeine platform and innovate on new user experiences.
- Collaborate closely across marketing, product, design and content teams.
- Take ownership of building the Caffeine web platform, demonstrating responsibility for development velocity, maintainability, consistent quality, and communication.
- Investigate upcoming technologies and determine if or when to adopt the best ones.
- Build software that is scalable, extensible, maintainable, and observable.
Who you are & What you’ve done:
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- You understand modern data architecture and design.
- Experience building web experiences tailored specifically for mobile users.
- You’re well informed on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques.
- Experience writing modular CSS with SCSS.
- Worked on a product through multiple releases.
- You have built or maintained things at scale and owned that part of the service.
- You take ownership of your work and have deep empathy for users.
- Experience with AWS or GCP.
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: Elm, Elixir, Lisp, Go, Python, Java.
- Experience with Tailwind CSS.
- Worked with HLS streaming protocols.
- Experience building microservices and knowledgeable in the microservices architecture.
The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon multiple job-related factors such as professional background, work experience, skills, and market demand. These considerations can cause your base pay to vary. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and benefits.
The overall market range for this role is typically $148,240 - $174,400.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Caffeine. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.