Inside Sales Representative (Austin)
Boom and Bucket
Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2023
Boom & Bucket
A lot of people say that they're "revolutionizing an industry," 99% of that is marketing fluff. The truth is that most of those revolutionaries are building mediocre SaaS products for underserved markets. It's easy to conflate revolution with evolution when the status quo hasn't moved. That's not us.
Our customers build the world with their heavy machines. Many have been in business for decades. Their businesses built our roads and bridges, subdivisions and stadiums. Our industry is smart, sophisticated, and savvy. They tell us that they're not happy with the way equipment is purchased and sold. So, along with our customers, we're building the Modern Marketplace for Heavy Equipment. Selling a backhoe should be as easy as selling a car, and we’re making that happen.
The three founders have built three unicorns, sold three companies, and have spent most of their lives in construction technology.
We’re stepping on the gas at Boom and Bucket and we’re looking for driven sales professionals who want to help shape the future of a $300B market. We hire the best and we make sure top performers are rewarded. If you know your machines, love talking to fleet owners, and have a track record of crushing quota, we want to talk to you.
- Machine sales - We’re moving iron and selling that iron is your mission. To do so, you'll need to qualify inbound leads on our listings, sell them on the machine's value, guide the customer through our processes, and close the sale. Bonus points if you've done outbound sales, too. You'll also help build the systems and processes that enable your team to sell more, faster.
- Fanatic customers - We aren’t traders, we’re partners to our customers, so we invest in those relationships early and often. As the tip of our team’s spear, we expect you to go above and beyond for their experience.
- Inside sales skills - This is a sales role and you need to have at least 1 year of inside sales experience. You’ll need to be capable of talking to small and medium sized business owners, fleet managers, and phone receptionists to identify decision makers and close deals. You have a high degree of natural optimism and love to win, have a demonstrated track record of exceeding quota, can talk your way into a meeting with a stranger, and are comfortable negotiating.
- Tech savvy - Boom and Bucket is changing the way machines are bought and sold and you need to be excited about that. Not only are you a good CRM steward to make sure deals are tracked appropriately, but you’re also enthusiastic about technology in general and what it can do for the industry. You think outside the box and look for new tools and solutions to supercharge the sales process. If you want to keep doing business as usual, we’re probably not the place for you.
- Machinery knowledge - Not mandatory but it’s nice if you’ve worked in the heavy equipment industry for at least 1 year, either in new machinery sales, rentals, or service. You can identify the boom, stick, and bucket on an excavator, can hold a conversation with a truck driver, and aren’t afraid to dig through equipment specifications to answer a customer’s questions.