Strategic Account Manager
Boom & Bucket
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, May 5, 2022
Boom & Bucket
A lot of people say that they're "revolutionizing an industry," 99% of that is marketing fluff. The truth is that most of those revolutionaries are building mediocre SaaS products for underserved markets. It's easy to conflate revolution with evolution when the status quo hasn't moved. That's not us.
Our customers build the world with their heavy machines. Many have been in business for decades. Their businesses built our roads and bridges, subdivisions and stadiums. Our industry is smart, sophisticated, and savvy. They tell us that they're not happy with the way equipment is purchased and sold. So, along with our customers, we're building the Modern Marketplace for Heavy Equipment. Selling a backhoe should be as easy as selling a car, and we’re making that happen.
The three founders have built three unicorns, sold three companies, and have spent most of their lives in construction technology.
We’re stepping on the gas at Boom and Bucket and we’re looking for driven customer centric professionals who want to help shape the future of a $300B market. Our enterprise partners sell millions of dollars in machinery on our platform, and we want to make sure their experience working with us is first-class. This role will interface directly with leadership at our strategic accounts, manage quarterly business reviews and endeavor to grow our business with those accounts. You'll manage technology deployments with these customers and help guide transactions to ensure a smooth process for buyers and our partner sellers.
- Deep partnerships - Our supplier partners are large, sophisticated organizations, so we need sophisticated team mates to work with them. You'll grow the relationships with these accounts, become and integral member of their team and ours, and grow our business with them over time.
- Fanatic customers - We aren’t traders, we’re partners to our customers, so we invest in those relationships early and often. As the tip of our team’s spear in the market, we expect you to go above and beyond for their experience.
- Account Management Skills - this is a relationship management role with a strong sales component, so you need to have at least 5 years of experience in customer-facing roles, preferable sales or customer success. You should be equally comfortable whether talking to a yard manager or a Vice President. You have a high degree of natural optimism and love to win, know how to get repeat business, can talk your way into a meeting with a stranger, and know how to turn a mistake into a trust building exercise. You’ll also need to occasionally go where our partners are and operate independently in the field.
- Tech savvy - Boom and Bucket is changing the way machines are bought and sold and you need to be excited about that. Not only are you a good CRM steward to make sure plans and people are tracked appropriately, but you’re also enthusiastic about technology in general and what it can do for the industry. If you want to keep doing business as usual, we’re probably not the place for you.
- Machinery knowledge - not required but nice to have. You can hold a conversation with a mechanic, know your way around a machine yard, and don't mind getting some mud on your boots.
See more open positions at Boom & Bucket
Something looks off?