Market Operations Specialist
Boom and Bucket
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Boom & Bucket
A lot of people say that they're "revolutionizing an industry," 99% of that is marketing fluff. The truth is that most of those revolutionaries are building mediocre SaaS products for underserved markets. It's easy to conflate revolution with evolution when the status quo hasn't moved. That's not us.
Our customers build the world with their heavy machines. Many have been in business for decades. Their businesses built our roads and bridges, subdivisions and stadiums. Our industry is smart, sophisticated, and savvy. They tell us that they're not happy with the way equipment is purchased and sold. So, along with our customers, we're building the Modern Marketplace for Heavy Equipment. Selling a backhoe should be as easy as selling a car, and we’re making that happen.
The three founders have built three unicorns, sold three companies, and have spent most of their lives in construction technology.
We’re building the equipment industry’s most sophisticated marketplace, and we need sharp customer success and operations specialists to drive our operations. This role will work very closely with our Product and Sales teams to ensure buyers have excellent experiences with our service.
This is a do-build-grow role: you’ll need to balance actively driving transactions in the marketplace, directly interfacing with our customer base, and helping us make scalable improvements to our workflows.
1. Fanatic customers - We aren’t traders, we’re partners to our customers, so we invest in those relationships early and often. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our field sales team to ensure buyers and sellers have great experiences and that we overperform for them. You’ll also work with our product team to collect customer feedback on our platform and service. You’ll champion the customer experience and won’t be afraid to speak up on their behalf.
2. Increasing transaction performance - You’ll handle inbound leads on our machines, work with our sales team to answer questions, coordinate transaction operations like transportation after a sale, and even handle price negotiations with potential buyers. You will be the backstop for our marketplace to make sure machine sales happen quickly and effectively for both parties.
1. Customer relationship skills - This is a crucial customer-facing role, the ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of experience in technology customer success or support. You’ll not only need a high degree of natural optimism and love of helping customers win, but also be flexible enough to change your approach when something isn’t working. Bonus points if you’re bilingual in Spanish and English.
2. Growth Mindset - You’ll be working with a small team of founders and management determined to build a great business. We hire people with a growth mindset, are excited to come to work, who take responsibility and share credit, and who thrive in a feedback-rich culture.
3. Successful builder - You should have a demonstrated track record of building scalable processes, preferably in digital marketplaces, inside sales, or financial technology. You have experience with CRM, building workflows, project management, and the integrations that make a business run. You’re also scrappy and can make things happen in an environment with limited resources.
4. Industry knowledge - Not mandatory but it’s nice if you’ve worked in the heavy equipment industry for at least 1 year, either in new machinery sales, rentals, or service. You can identify the boom, stick, and bucket on an excavator, can hold a conversation with a truck driver, and aren’t afraid to dig through equipment specifications to answer a customer’s questions.