Sr. Front End Engineer - Remote
Boom and Bucket
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2021
Boom & Bucket
A lot of people say that they're "revolutionizing an industry," 99% of that is marketing fluff. The truth is that most of those revolutionaries are building mediocre SaaS products for underserved markets. It's easy to conflate revolution with evolution when the status quo hasn't moved. That's not us.
Our customers build the world with their heavy machines. Many have been in business for decades. Their businesses built our roads and bridges, subdivisions and stadiums. Our industry is smart, sophisticated, and savvy. They tell us that they're not happy with the way equipment is purchased and sold. So, along with our customers, we're building the Modern Marketplace for Heavy Equipment. Selling a backhoe should be as easy as selling a car, and we’re making that happen.
The three founders have built three unicorns, sold three companies, and have spent most of their lives in construction technology.
We’re building the equipment industry’s most sophisticated marketplace, and we need a sharp Senior Frontend Engineer who knows how to translate designs into best-in-class, high performing user interfaces. This role will work very closely with our Head of Engineering and Product Designer to ensure that we are executing on the product vision. If you’re passionate about building a platform/marketplace to disrupt a massive industry and being a member of a growing engineering team, we want to talk to you.
- Contribute to architecture/tech stack decision making - You'll work with our Head of Engineering to assess options related to frontend technologies and help inform decisions that will shape our tech stack.
- Embrace Extreme Programming practices such as static analysis, code reviews & standards, TDD (where it makes sense), pair programming, frequent releases to minimize risk and maximize value delivery to our customers.
- Develop component library - You'll work closely with our Designer to translate our design system into a component library that can be leveraged to speed up development moving forward.
- Partner with design and provide feedback on feasibility of concepts - You'll help provide feedback and suggest alternative options as new feature designs come together to ensure we can execute on the vision.
- Implement and maintain user interface for core web experience - You'll own the development of the entire user interface for our core marketplace/platform along with our company website. You'll ensure that the frontend is bug free and works across all browsers and device types (i.e., responsive web).
- Perform technical research and development via prototyping to inform future development - You'll own and work on mini-projects from time to time as experiments to prove or disprove our ability to build certain features on the longer term roadmap. You'll also stay current with the latest frontend technologies and best practices and share your findings with the team.
- Software Engineering Experience - You have 4+ years experience working as a Front End Software Engineer or as a Full Stack Engineer (more focused on Frontend). You have experience with the following (or equivalent): ReactJS, TypeScript, SCSS, Vercel, NextJS and interest in C# occasionally. You have experience working in a fast-paced environment using agile methodologies.
- Outcomes Focused - You have a track record of owning challenging goals and accomplishing them. You consistently get your work across the finish line, on-time at a high quality bar.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills - You are a team player who enjoys working in a tight-knit engineering team. You know how to keep communication flowing despite the team being geographically distributed.
- Interest in Construction - We’re building tech to power commerce in the $2T construction industry. It’s a monumental challenge but one that is incredibly important. You might not be familiar with the industry or heavy equipment (and that’s okay) but you should have a keen interest in understanding what makes construction tick, what the barriers to digitization have been and how we can play a major role in the digital transformation of the industry. You’re not only willing but excited to throw on a safety vest, hard hat and a pair of work boots and go check out some job sites.
- Compensation - $135,000 - $155,000 + equity.