Customer Success Associate
Boom and Bucket
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Boom & Bucket
A lot of people say that they're "revolutionizing an industry," 99% of that is marketing fluff. The truth is that most of those revolutionaries are building mediocre SaaS products for underserved markets. It's easy to conflate revolution with evolution when the status quo hasn't moved. That's not us.
Our customers build the world with their heavy machines. Many have been in business for decades. Their businesses built our roads and bridges, subdivisions and stadiums. Our industry is smart, sophisticated, and savvy. They tell us that they're not happy with the way equipment is purchased and sold. So, along with our customers, we're building the Modern Marketplace for Heavy Equipment. Selling a backhoe should be as easy as selling a car, and we’re making that happen.
The three founders have built three unicorns, sold three companies, and have spent most of their lives in construction technology.
We’re building the equipment industry’s most sophisticated marketplace, and we need a sharp customer success and operations associate to drive our marketplace. This role will work very closely with our Sales team and partners to ensure buyers have excellent experiences with our service.
This is a do-build role. You’ll balance actively driving transactions through the marketplace, directly interfacing with our customer base, and helping us optimize our processes over time.
1. Fanatic customers - We aren’t traders, we’re partners to our customers, so we invest in those relationships early and often. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our field sales team to ensure buyers and sellers have great experiences and that we over-perform for them. You’ll also work with our external partners to close deals!
2. Increasing transaction performance - You'll be hands on executing our process and playbooks everyday to coordinate transaction operations like transportation after a sale, payment operations, and will become an expert in our CRM workflows. You will be the backstop for our marketplace to make sure machine sales happen quickly, effectively, and error free.
1. Customer relationship skills - This is a crucial customer-facing role, the ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of experience in technology customer success or support. You’ll not only need a high degree of natural optimism and love of helping customers win, but also be flexible enough to change your approach when something isn’t working. Bonus points if you’re bilingual in Spanish and English.
2. Detail oriented operator - You're a perfectionist and love it when all the pieces of a puzzle fit seamlessly together. Details matter and you live the mantra "first time, every time". You'll be moving money around, editing contract details, and delivering 100,000 lb machines across the country. The smallest errors can cause the biggest mistakes, and you wont let that happen.
3. Industry knowledge - Not mandatory but it’s nice if you’ve worked in the heavy equipment industry for at least 1 year, either in new machinery sales, rentals, or service. You can identify the boom, stick, and bucket on an excavator, can hold a conversation with a truck driver, and aren’t afraid to dig through equipment specifications to answer a customer’s questions.