Project Management Associate
Big Cabal Media
Join the Cabal!
Big Cabal Media tells the African stories that matter to Africans (on and off the continent) and to global audiences. Riding a wave of global distribution platforms seeking new stories and high-quality local content, and audiences that are consuming ever more content, Big Cabal is building the most exciting new media company to tell those stories.
We create content in a wide range of formats for global distribution, under our two publications - TechCabal and Zikoko.
TechCabal vividly captures the players, human impact and business of technology in Africa; providing the content, reporting, data and events to help the world understand where tech is taking Africa.
Zikoko is telling the most important stories that matter to young African audiences today, creating timeless and original text, image, meme and video-based content across a range of genres using the most relatable elements of youth culture.
Join us as we take African storytelling to a new level and build the media brands of the future. BCM is passionate about storytelling, technology, great design and unabashed monetization of great content. We’re interested in talented and adaptable professionals looking to do challenging and high-impact work in a collaborative environment. If this sounds exciting and you’ve got skills, then we should talk.
Project Management Associate- Job Details
The Project Management Associate has a primary responsibility to assist in managing and supervising the administrative aspects of assigned projects across the business, from project award to completion. This role will report to the Project Manager and Head of Partnerships.
As a Project Management Associate at BCM, your primary responsibilities include:
- Working with the Project Manager to establish priorities, schedules, and deadlines for the Moonshot conference.
- Working closely with the Events/Organizing team to ensure that deliverables for each sponsor are properly outlined and executed
- Collate feedback from conference sponsors on project execution
- Prepare and assist in project documentation and post-event reports.
- Assisting in planning meetings and keeping records of decisions made during meetings
- Effectively communicating with the Project Manager on any issues related to assigned projects (Internal & External)
- Assist the Business Development team wherever possible and as needed
- Provide any other project management-related task upon request from management.
- You’re a self-starter with a passion for learning who is not afraid to ask questions;
- Able to work both independently and in a cooperative team environment to achieve goals;
- Effective communication at all levels within the organization
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively complete operational and project-based assignments;
- Ability to manage own workload independently, multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Detail oriented and proactive.